Update on dvd release

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

hacker233

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:31 pm

Update on dvd release

This caught my eye when I was reading my daily dvd news at this website http://digitalbits.com

"And finally, here's a bit of news that's going to get a lot of you excited (and I made a point to specifically ask about this title, believe me)... Ridley Scott's Blade Runner (1982) is currently on track for release as a multi-disc special edition in time for its 25th anniversary in 2007. The release is far from certain (as usual, there's a lot more that I can't post about this title yet - think of the old saying, "Loose lips sink ships"), but Warner says that work is proceeding, most of the key players are involved and things are "looking good" for release next year. We'll see."

hacker233
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:36 am

Hope dies last.

Please, be a 4-Disc Set...
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

THX1138

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:50 am

Centauro wrote:Hope dies last.

Please, be a 4-Disc Set...

And please come out before my bank account is empty
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:29 pm

i thought there was something odd a few days ago.. if you have read the news section on bladezone.com, you will see the section bout the warner bros special edition..

Perhaps being the 25th anniversary is enough to get the whole picture house t warrant its release, and not just Ridley on his own??
just a thought.

As previously posted, i truly wish ths is not just the folm and the ch4 documentary, which is a must for the collection, but also something we all have in our dvd library.

the mere thought of seeing this masterpiece see the light of day again!
shall we burn our `unknown cameraman` versions of the workprint now?
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
<<

Wilderness

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:15 pm

Am I the only one who'd like to see the director's cut, as well as the original (VO) version? A four disc set could do this, easily.
<<

THX1138

Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:21 pm

Wilderness wrote:Am I the only one who'd like to see the director's cut, as well as the original (VO) version? A four disc set could do this, easily.

No, if you keep up with me in the forums (pretty hard, as I post a lot) I like the Director's Cut the best. Only thing I really want on the S.E. Dvds is bonus stuff, like deleted scenes and documentaries. I mostly just want the documentaries and the audio commentary. Can't live without them commentaries. But the D.C. version does it for me.

Bahah, hit my magic number: 1138 posts.
<<

BR796164

Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:17 am

I don't expect it coming out sooner than on November 2019.
<<

THX1138

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:24 pm

This just in...

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/684/684789p2.html

"Additionally, Warner fielded questions about a handful of other highly-anticipated DVD releases. They indicated that a version of the original Posideon Adventure and its sequel would also be available later this year in honor of the forthcoming remake, directed by Wolfgang Peterson. Also, a Special Edition DVD for Cool Hand Luke will be released in 2007, and they hinted at the possibility of a Blade Runner Special Edition in 2007 to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of the film's theatrical release."

Another hint? When can we get a definite answer?
<<

hacker233

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:31 pm

THX1138 wrote:This just in...

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/684/684789p2.html

"Additionally, Warner fielded questions about a handful of other highly-anticipated DVD releases. They indicated that a version of the original Posideon Adventure and its sequel would also be available later this year in honor of the forthcoming remake, directed by Wolfgang Peterson. Also, a Special Edition DVD for Cool Hand Luke will be released in 2007, and they hinted at the possibility of a Blade Runner Special Edition in 2007 to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of the film's theatrical release."

Another hint? When can we get a definite answer?

We will probley get a definite answer by the end of this year or sometime in the summer.

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut