FAQ  •  Login

Latest DVD special edition

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

nails6365

BladeZone Website Manager

Post Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:13 pm

What Ridley wants and what Ridley is allowed, are two totally different answers.

Ridley has in his possesion, the `holy grail` box of extras that was marked to be destroyed, some 20 years ago. The DVD was planned and Charles de***** (yeah the dvd guy) was incharge of the making of the disc.

When the legal issues were encountered, the production was stopped, but if you read through the information, Charles stated that halting the production may also have a great inpact on the DVD, since new methods are coming to light in regards to DVD layout and navigation etc. *if* the BR-SE was to be released next year - 2006, then the new methods he was using on an existing Ridley Scott film, would be applied to the new BR disc.

as always... mouthwatering threads of information, with absolutlely nothing solid to go on...
all text is the view from myself and has no bearing or opinion of Bladezone.
<<

StainlessSteelRat

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:17 pm

If you look at the interview you'll see it's more like what others want, as Ridley refers to "they" a lot of the time.
<<

Predrhone

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:25 pm

...I haven't watched the movie in months... not that I dont need to, or want to but... it just doesn't happen. I NEED a new edition... I just can't watch the directors cut, in it's current form, again. It's like I've got Blade balls or something over it... it's terrible really.

Why doesn't someone send away for an autograph of Mr. Perenchio, then send him back a picture of them wiping their ass with it.
"I will wait for you, until the sky is blue. I will wait for you, what else can I do?"
<<

THX1138

Post Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:50 pm

Predrhone wrote:
Why doesn't someone send away for an autograph of Mr. Perenchio, then send him back a picture of them wiping their ass with it.

i'd do it. but then again, we need to be grateful he even was part of blade runner in the first place.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

StainlessSteelRat

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:29 am

This interview from Ridley suggested there might be movement in legal circles. Fingers crossed...
<<

Blaksvn

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:18 am

A LONG time member of the originaltrilogy.com and BR fan has taken the latest HD broadcast and converted it to DVD-DL!!

Read the whole thread - it is on the torrent network for FREE downloads so grab it here and not on eBay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!
Word to the Spookies...
<<

StainlessSteelRat

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:23 am

My understanding though is it has a DOG (Digital Onscreen Graphic).
<<

Blaksvn

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:17 am

Yes, it does but this is a preservation NOT intended for sale - so the logo dosn't upset any regular viewing at all (it very small on only flashs on screen for a minute or so and only three times (I think, I feel alseep watching it at 4 am :P)
Word to the Spookies...
<<

StainlessSteelRat

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:52 am

DOGs can vary in their irritation factor. I know a couple of fans who gave up their projects with the HD version when they noticed it.
Previous

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut