FAQ  •  Login

Movie no2 or Game no2?

<<

Dystopian Resident

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:02 am

Greetings, <BR>if you had the option between a sequel to the film, or a sequel to the game which one would you choose? Granted everyone would probably prefer to relive the experience of the film, however could any attempt at a sequel be half as good as the original? whereas a sequel to the game would probably not have to match up against that much as would the film. <BR>So, which one would you select?
[addsig]
"I've hypothesised things you people wouldn't believe"
<<

Nexus6

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:20 am

Sequel to the game.
[addsig]
"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes."
<<

endzem

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:40 am

I favor a game sequel any day. In fact, I demand it! <BR> <BR>Wasn't someone in this forum suppost to submit or start a petition for Westwood? And weren't there rumors of a game sequel in the planning stage? <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>
<<

BRmovie

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Tue Feb 26, 2002 1:19 pm

Well, the question is slightly unfair. It really depends on who does it and how good it is. If someone came along and actually managed to make a BR2 that was better than the original, then I would certainly be happy about it. Same for the game. <BR> <BR>Unfortunately, someone isn't going to make a better BR2 film are they? Whereas they could make a decent second game. <BR> <BR>
[addsig]
Visit www.BRmovie.com - Web home of alt.fan.blade-runner, The Blade Runner FAQ, News, Encyclopedia, Analysis, BR Game, BR comic, BR Magazine, fan fiction and lots more!
<<

Tomtrek

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:26 am

Game. Please.
[addsig]

"They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper. That was my profession. Ex-cop. Ex-blade runner. Ex-killer. "
<<

Patryk Wawer

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:21 pm

A new br movie done these days will loose his charm, but it could be a commercial hit.
They could make better use of todays cgi wonderland in using that for the new blade runner game, which will feature a full 3d world that you can play in like in doom or any other fps style game.
But please don't make this game linear and a corridor run, as most of such games are todays.
<<

sadik

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:45 am

both!!!!! :x
cant u see it, man?...it is a machine just like u!!
<<

Phantom

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed May 10, 2006 4:34 am

Dystopian Resident wrote:Greetings,
<BR>if you had the option between a sequel to the film, or a sequel to the game which one would you choose? Granted everyone would probably prefer to relive the experience of the film, however could any attempt at a sequel be half as good as the original? whereas a sequel to the game would probably not have to match up against that much as would the film.
<BR>So, which one would you select?
[addsig]

game full 3d!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImage

"THE NEWEST MACHINE IN THE WORLD WILL NEVER
MATCH THE HUMAN BEING."

-Ayrton Senna-

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel