**Any other games like BR?**

Moderator: BR796164

<<

PSyM0n

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:57 am

**Any other games like BR?**

anyone know any other types of games that are 'simular' to blade runner :?: cause i know that theres no way theres going to be number a 2 now!

i would love to get into another game like it .. doesnt have to be all that recent cause i have only had BR scince 04
_-_- PsY-o1 -_-_
<<

BR796164

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:25 am

Tough job to suggest something specific, because nothing is really too close to the BR game. And there are really too many cyberpunk games out there.

About 15 years ago was released now almost forgotten game called Snatcher, which has been heavily inspired by BR Movie. If you dont mind cracking through historic graphics and all, you can download it here:
http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?gameid=3690
Of course, there might be trouble to run it on a current machine, I think you need some kind of emulator as well, since it's a SEGA thing.

If you mean modern adventure games, try THE LONGEST JOURNEY. The story and enviroment is totally different, partially fantasy, but the gameplay concept is very similar. Along with BR, its one of the best adventure games of the end of 90s.

Then, if you haven't played it yet, look out for certain thing called DEUS EX, you won't regret it.
<<

PSyM0n

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:49 am

ohh dont you worry! have deus ex 'invisable war' or something, havent regreted it! best 79 buks ive spent on a game ( $ AU $ ) i have completed it several of times each time getting better and better!

fav walkthrough game so far has been 'Riven' may be a little old school but puzzles and game play A+

:( ....still miss the thought of a BR 2 game being released
_-_- PsY-o1 -_-_
<<

BR796164

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:57 am

Beware, Invisible War is only a sequel to a more breakthrough game "Deus Ex". Invisible War is rather controversial among fans, because it has primitivized or totally removed many interesting features of the original. Of course, it excels in graphics... I recommend you to try oringinal Deus Ex as well, just to know "how it all begun" http://www.planetdeusex.com/dx1/

BR2, well... it's unlikely.... we can only fancy that sometimes somebody decides to make another professional BR game.
<<

PSyM0n

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:01 am

just breifly getting back to blade runner just recently got stuk, im sorta in the beginning of game {act 2} and im in 'Animoid Row' out side 'Green Palace' it says 'Once you meet Izo, ask him about weapons, the dragonfly Earring, ang Grigorian if you get the chance.'

i cant even do that!, all that happens is that i meet him he goes back inside and i cant follow him into the shop. it says before, to go back to the dragon fly booth to decide weather you want to buy the braclet with the name of Roys dog on it...i have done that

what could i be doing wrong!?
im using this walkthrough to get through my BR game!:
http://www.cheatcc.com/pc/sg/blade_runner.txt
[ scroll down to 'Act II' 'Animoid Row' then 'Green Palace' if you wnt to take a look ]

cheers for help
simon
_-_- PsY-o1 -_-_
<<

PSyM0n

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:02 am

kool, ill take a look at getting the original Deus EX

:)
_-_- PsY-o1 -_-_
<<

BR796164

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:28 am

Just wander around all screens the Animoird Row (they are connected together) one or more times and he will appear again in front of the shop again.
<<

PSyM0n

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:37 am

ok, will do
_-_- PsY-o1 -_-_
<<

THX1138

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:58 am

if you're looking in the adventure genre, and not just a deus ex wannabe, i cant recommend enough the monkey island series.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

PSyM0n

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:05 pm

i dont know if your talking about what im talking about but i have 'Escape from Monkey Island' is that one of the series your talking about!?
_-_- PsY-o1 -_-_
<<

THX1138

Post Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:25 am

yeah, "escape" is the 4th in the series. there's "the secret of monkey island" (the best one), "monkey island: LeChuck's revenge", "the curse of monkey island" and the 4th, "escape form monkey island"

its a great comedic series, you can pick up the other 3 games for about $14, on amazon or lucasarts.com you can get a cd with the first two games for $10.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

br_collector

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:22 am

PSyM0n, if your stuck in animoid row try what BR796164 said, if that didn't work this means you did something wrong in the beginning of the game, before you go to Grigorian to interview him you were supposed to go to the esper room in police headquarters and upload any info from esper (I think you click somewhere on the right of the screen), after you do this you should have 2 interviews conducted by Crystal Steal in your KIA, go to Grigorian now and you will be able to talk to him about Izo, once youve done that go to animoid row and talk to Izo and then you'll see whats next...

You might have to re-start the game, I can't remember if you only get one shot at talking to Izo?
The only crumple zone on a Cobra is the other car
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:58 am

OFF TOPIC (Kinda)

Talking about DeusEx... I'm having problems to run the much praised Zodiac Mod and Hotel Carone.

Zodiac Mod won't load succesfully. The situation:

1. Windows 9x. Had Deus Ex GOTY version installed, never patched until...
2. To play Carone & Zodiac, I applied the final patch 1.112fm (DX normal game running fine after that),
3. Then I installed Zodiac (Full Version, I didn't omit the Zodiac.ini option in the installer)
4. The Zodiac was installed in the appropiate folder (C:\DeusEx\) and installation finished succesfully.

But...

When launching the mod, it gave one of those errors that are mentioned in the Zodiac website. The ones that _shouldn't_ happen if you had the latest patch.

Since it was mentioned int the Zodiac setup program, I checked out the zodiac.ini file, and it was really short compared to the original deusex.ini, don't know if that was intended, but it didn't had the game engine section. So I guessed that's why the error said "can't find engine" or something like that. I copied some portions of the original deusex.ini to zodiac.ini (whatever wasn't there), and moved the Zodiac maps to the original maps folder, since the .ini it still read Paths=..\Maps\*.dx, not pointing to the Zodiac Maps folder. After that, the "engine" error came no more, and I got it to load the DX-Zodiac animated logo but when the menu comes out it is only the normal DX menu, and New Game launches the normal DX intro and liberty island mission. I console-opened the Zodiac intro map, and later the TongBase map but the characters weren't responsive to my presence. I guess that might have to do with they expecting Paul, not JC... so it didn't work.

Searching Google for info, I came across an old discussion about Zodiac, where they talked about the installation of the mod needing the editing of user.ini, zodiac.ini and moving some stuff across folders. I'd like to know the exact steps, because those things I did first were just on intuition (I know nothing about programming)... As I see it, it seems like the installer didn't do all that it was supposed to do, and I'm on 56k dialup so it was a pain to download it all, and I couldn't easily do the separate downloading of parts 1, 2 and 3 again. Help, anyone?
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

Return to The Blade Runner Game