FAQ  •  Login

EarlyQ Drugged me, Threw me out, now I can't get up!

Moderator: BR796164

<<

drendar

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:01 pm

EarlyQ Drugged me, Threw me out, now I can't get up!

Hi Everyone,

I found a disk in Early Q's, then
Early Drugged me and Threw me out...

But now I can't get up! :?

The only thing I can click on is myself.

If I hammer the LMB then McCoy twitches a bit, but i just cannot get him to move... Anyone got any Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Nick
No good deed goes unpunished
<<

BR796164

Post Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:59 pm

Sorry, no solution for this case.

Reload. 8)
<<

br_collector

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:04 am

Yeah, I use to hate when that happens, that's why you should save before you venture into uncharted territory,
-Good Luck
The only crumple zone on a Cobra is the other car
<<

drendar

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:12 am

:(

I've got a save from just before going into the nightclub.

So should I just keep reloading and trying again? or is it a case of starting over from scratch?

The other wierd thing is that when I looked at the various Walthrough's around the internet to find a solution to this problem, i noticed that things are very very different in my game to the walkthroughs.

e.g.In one walkthrough it says to go to Tyrell and you get to meet him, but that didn't happen in my game, Also it said that a guy in a red jacket would be in the club on the right, but he's not there.

Is the game different each time or something?
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:09 am

Is the game different each time or something?

Sort of... That'a what the developers wanted to offer, replay value "each time a different adventure". It all depends on the decisions you take, if you don't do certain things at the right time, you can't do them later or if you say "the wrong thing", then it changes the attitude of other characters, changing your options with them.

At the end of the day, there are not that much major changes. I don't think it's a good idea to play again right after finishing. Better if you give some time to forget the little details, so the next time you don't find yourself bored of doing the same things 95% of the time.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

BR796164

Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:55 am

If you don't want to end drugged on the pavement in front of the club, right-click to draw your gun while Early Q prepares the drink for you.
This will force Early to behave more rationally. Don't attempt to kill Early though, his minion Hanoi will be faster than you.
This will also make Early sit on the sofa and he may be eventually bitten by scorpions scavenging on it (in some versions of the game), making him useless as a source of information. But at least you may keep his videodisc with precious photos.

drendar wrote:
e.g.In one walkthrough it says to go to Tyrell and you get to meet him, but that didn't happen in my game, Also it said that a guy in a red jacket would be in the club on the right, but he's not there.

To meet Tyrell (and Rachael), you'll have to interrogate Tyrell security guard thoroughly when you investigate Marcus Eisenduller's murder at Tyrell's. At some point McCoy asks the guard how he can see the big boss. Guard replies it's only possible through his assistant.
After that, return to the police station and talk to Guzza. Ask him to set up a meeting with Tyrell for you. Then go back to Tyrell Building and watch the show. 8)

You have to ask Guzza about the meeting in Act 2, this is the only chance to meet Tyrell and Rachael. Also, have USER CHOICE dialogue agenda turned on, McCoy with different mood agendas assigned may not ask the right things.
<<

drendar

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:41 am

:D

Excellent stuff!

I'm having to drive to the other side of the country this weekend for my sisters wedding, so I'll give it a go when I get back next week

Many thanks!

Nick

Return to The Blade Runner Game