FAQ  •  Login

Can you Envisage a Pre-quell or Sequell to BR

<<

BR12819

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Fri Sep 26, 2003 1:11 pm

heres a thought guys what if they made the movie after one of the unused scripts like the hampton francher script
Holden:"It's a wipe out, they're almost us!"
<<

Rollins

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:25 am

Why ruin a great thing? Blade Runner was so ahead of its time back in 1982! Sometime you have to just let a good thing go. It was such a great movie that the possibilities are endless and should remain so. People should use their imagination and should draw their own conclusions. I saw it in the theatre (1982) and am still captivated by the movie.
I fear that if there was some type of continuation of the film it would be in the form of a Matrix movie and would ruin the whole idea. Let it be done and over with. The movie should be left alone and left to the imagination.
<<

Wilkins Rep-Detect BR2349

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:38 am

Though i have commented on the New blade Runner cast threads, i really don't think this masterpiece should ever be expanded upon.
Gaff: "You've done a man's job, sir! I guess you are through?"

Deckard: "Finished".
<<

Kaneda

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:45 pm

I think a Blade Runner sequel isn't necessarily a bad idea. People seem to think that it would destroy the power of the original. I disagree. To me, The Terminator is just as excellent a film on its own as it is with its sequel. Heck, plenty of BR fans ignore the Jeter novels, so the films should be no different.

But I suppose as an alternative, there could be a film set in the Runnerverse, but not a sequel per se.
"Just when my coil's reaching the green line..."
-Shotaro Kaneda

"Implants! Those aren't your mammories. They're somebody else's. They're Tyrell's niece's."
<<

Roy WM

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:26 pm

Probably some sort of anime directed by the guy who created Ghost in the Shell (Scott just isn't 'moody' enough anymore). I would split it into three different stories like Sin City. The first being the rebellion by the nexus 3 units on one of the off world colonies, the second and third having to deal with Deckard's early career as a blade runner and the escape of Roy and his crew to Earth.

I'd also like to see it shot in the same way that Titan A.E. was animated, with a joint music production of Hans Zimmer and Vangelis.
"He chay you brahe rurruh."

<<

Masao

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:44 am

Sequel? Yes...Indulge me...

Of course. It would be a challenge for any nonfan but a reconciliation between DADoES?and BR is not only possible but almost madatory and could be pulled off by even a talented amateur who was a fan.

There are a few requirements though:

-Dump the mindless sequel novels...you don't change the core story to fit your novel. That makes no sense whatsoever.

-Remember the play. Without the play there is no DADoES?.

-Remember PKD. His mentality drove the concept of the play into the idea for Scott. Without extrapolating his themes and paranoia, the story fizzles.

-Fill in the details of the sequels with the novel much like the game did. Westwood got a lot right.

The result would flesh out the story.

Not only would the adventure continue, but the hidden under belly of the society and character of the players involved be developed. There is so much more to be revealed.

Questions to answer:

-What is the true nature of the product known as a Replicant?

-What technologies are actually involved?

-Who are Tyrell's competitors?

-If 'Off World' is so great, why do people need to be advertised to death to go?

-What really happens 'Off World"

-Who is being fought in the wars? Why?

I have my own conclusions, but my answers result in not only a sequel, but a trilogy! The ending of which might make PKD happy, but not the rest of us. ;)
<<

gordo

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:20 pm

BR prequel sequel

Wasn't "Soldier"with Kurt Russell advertised as the prequel to BR?
<<

Masao

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:55 am

More like a` "sidequel" A story in the same time as BR.

I know they destroyed a 90% scale spinner just for one shot.

I just heard a radio show from the '50s that would add a dimension to the story. I only mention it because it was written by PKD.
Previous

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel