if we knew that, he'd be dead already.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

pureimpure

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:44 pm

Univision Call

Well I called Univison today and spoke to somebody and told them about this site and how we all want to know what is the delay .
They said they would have someone call me back and have answers for me .
The person was very nice on the phone I called about an hour ago . if no-one calls back today I will call everyday till I get something or the answers we all want to hear and the Univision building is only a 30min drive from my house . I wouldnt mind going there and trying to see him in person Kinda reminds me of batty going to the Tyrell Building Bwahahah ( I crack myself up) anyways I
want this DVD as bad as the next guy . I hope this helps .
<<

THX1138

Post Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:55 pm

instead of going by yourself to see him, why dont we have our very first official bladezone gathering at his house? nah, just joking. show him how much we all really want these dvds.
<<

nexuszix

Post Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:26 am

Re: Univision Call

pureimpure wrote:
I wouldnt mind going there and trying to see him in person Kinda reminds me of batty going to the Tyrell Building Bwahahah ( I crack myself up) .

LoL you and me both !

Good luck with getting some information out of him.. remember to take some thumb screws :lol:
" wake up..time to die !"
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:47 am

I have been sending 1 e-mail a month for a year to Univision, it is only a general email address and is not to a particular person, but i just write and ask if there is going to be a special and if so when and to let me know if there is a definate no. I send it for the attn of J.P. but as you can guess there is no response. I even said that just the Bladezone members alone if we all bought one would generate around $11000 at SE average price in UK. Now given up.
More human than human
<<

THX1138

Post Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:36 pm

you gotta remember, in hollywood, producers wipe their @$$ with thousand dollar bills (considdering you can fine one). so $11,000 isnt a lot, its pocket change to them. now, go back and calculate the number of people on the petition, assuming all the bladezone members had signed it.
<<

ChuckNorris

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:46 am

I was really hoping that Criterion would do the speacial edition. They do a wonderful job on transfers and with extras.
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:48 pm

OK, worked out that if everyone that signed the petition bought a copy of the imaginary SE Edition, it would make an income of $103,449.59 based on the average price of a SE Version DVD here in the UK. That looks more like it, Jerry could wipe his a**e 103,000 times and still have change. I wonder if all of us could buy the rights to the film?
More human than human
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:56 pm

now that would be an interesting idea. fans buying the rights. but it just wouldnt work out, a fan community owning the rights like that. people wouldnt get along, bad things will come out of it, such as maybe some kid going out and selling some homemade blade runner comics, or a new series of blade runner books, and hoarding all the money.

maybe if it was ran like a government, sort of like having a council to get approval of what's going on. its a new idea.
<<

Noneoftheabove

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:19 pm

Would it be possible if Ridley himself purchased the rights to the film?
He's undoubtedly got the money...

But then, his viewpoint of the whole "Blade Runner experience" is probably something we as fans will never understand. So I suppose the film doesn't hold the same value to him as it does us, otherwise he may have already purchased the rights to the movie he directed...
<<

Nexus6

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:18 pm

I want to see SE on HD-DVD. :)
"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes."
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:02 pm

I regularly send e-mails to hassle WB to see if there is any info on a Special edition, just got this back which in fact is as much as we already know.
"Hello!

Thank you for your e-mail regarding future Warner Bros. DVD releases. Unfortunately, Customer Service does not have exact release dates, nor do we know when a certain DVD will be released in various countries or formats. Warner Bros. Customer Service also has no information as to why certain films or TV shows have not been released on DVD. Warner Bros. values your input and opinions. Your requests for specific movies, TV shows and features have been noted"
Thats not what i call Customer Service, no change there then!
More human than human
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:23 pm

you're a customer arent you? they serviced your email didnt they? hence, customer service ;)

not really a big help, but keep on harassing them, they'll cave. sooner or later, they'll cave.
<<

StainlessSteelRat

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:46 am

I've just seen some posts about this and also posted about it at IMDB.com, and in a 6 week old interview with Ridley Scott for G4TV he stated that they are trying to release it for next year. It sounds like it will just be another version of the Director's Cut.
PreviousNext

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut