FAQ  •  Login

Special edition DVD

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:36 am

I'm new to this forum, just discovered it. It great to see there are others beside myself that appreciate one of the best movies ever made. I'm just looking for some advise on the special edition BR DVD. I have the directors cut DVD, but just learned of the Special edition that comes with the poster,35mm frame and a bunch of other things.Should I buy it or maybe wait until the 20th anniversary edition comes out. Thanks
<<

endzem

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 4:45 am

Welcome to BLADEZONE! <BR> <BR>Well, the so called "Special Edition" box released by WB is VERY misleading. It should really be called a "Collector's" edition. Inside it contains the exact same director's cut dvd you find in stores (that has no special features), but you do get a poster, some pictures, an earlier script from 1981, and a 35mm film frame replica. It usually goes for anywhere around $50 to $75. <BR> <BR>I say wait till the REAL special edition comes out next year and see what goodies that will come with. Then, if you want, get the "collector's" edition. I'm sure the price for this one will drop once the 2002 special edition is out. <BR>
<<

Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 10:32 am

Thanks for the advice EndZem I think I will wait.
<<

Nexus6

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Tue Dec 18, 2001 7:31 pm

ya welcome to bladezone. If I were you I would wait for the 20th anniversary edition to come out, thats what Im doing.
[addsig]
"If only you could see what I have seen with your eyes."

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut