FAQ  •  Login

The only way to answer the question

<<

r_seldon

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Nov 06, 2003 9:21 am

The only way to answer the question

I have been reading the post's on the question of whether Deckard is a replicant or human. Both sides have presented good arguements on the question.

I think it can be resolved by one of these ways:

1. Have R. Scott go back and re-edit BR ala George Lucas & the original SW trilogy to correct the plot loopholes and such.

2. Have some one write a novelization of the movie to clear up the plot holes and such.

3. Have someone film a remake of BR with a tighter script.

What do you think? :)
<<

BR12819

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:31 am

hmm i duno i think im turning into emsapce but i think what makes blade runner soo kewl is that its hard to tell

but im all for another BR its been too long just as long as it looks like Blade Runner not like minority report or something like that

BTW welcome!
Holden:"It's a wipe out, they're almost us!"
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:43 am

How about leaving the question unanswered? Is that too much of a problem? Quite frankly I don't understand why some people want everything told/shown. You want an answer that make things easy? Read Ridley's lips: he's a rep. Or go with H. Ford: he's human. Then stick to that.

I think the ambiguity it's one of the biggest charms of the film. It's like life, you don't get all the answers always, live with that... or maybe we will get a crappy prequel that shows every detail of the past in an absolutely wrong/disspointing way ( Episode 1, 2? ...and no I'm not comparing BR to SW).
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

BR796164

Post Tue Nov 11, 2003 7:00 am

My words... :)

Return to Deckard - Human or Replicant?