FAQ  •  Login

6 minus 1 equals 4 ???

<<

Ithilien

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Apr 16, 2003 7:31 pm

This has probably been asked and answered a hundred times befor... but I am a newby ...so can I get a mulligan? <BR> <BR>"Six replicants, three male, three female" <BR> <BR>"One of them got fried running through an electrical field" <BR> <BR>"I've got four skin jobs walking the streets" <BR> <BR>Does that mean there is still one out there? <BR> <BR>Anyway, it is a small itch I can't scratch if you know what I mean, and a nice excuse to write an introductory posting. Glad I found you all.
[addsig]
"I've done questionable things..."
<<

SpookyBoy

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:45 pm

Unfortunately its a case of bad editing. <BR>Original cut had more REPS and the dialog accounted for it. But when they cut footage they messed up with the number.
[addsig]
I am The CHEESE!
<<

ROBOCOP

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:41 am

Let's hope it's something that will be resolved by the Scott commentary!
[addsig]
<BR>
<BR>"What are you prepared to do?"-John T Cable
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:37 pm

it's already been resolved in the future noir book. Scott just didn't have time or money to reshoot shots after they changed the script and took out the 6th replicant "mary". The actress was even cast. Though it has helped the legacy of blade runner by giving one more thing for bladphiles to talk about along with deckard(rep or not maybe) being #6 himself and so on and on.
<<

Tomtrek

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:01 am

If I remember correctly, the workprint had the "one got fried" line turned into "two got fried", but got kept it 'one' on the DC to include the notion that Deckard might be no.6. The original 6 were, of course: <BR>Roy <BR>Pris <BR>Zhora <BR>Leon <BR>Mary (cut out of all releases) <BR>Hodge (got fried running through an elecrical field)
[addsig]

"They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper. That was my profession. Ex-cop. Ex-blade runner. Ex-killer. "
<<

Ithilien

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Apr 20, 2003 6:12 pm

" it's already been resolved in the future noir book " <BR> <BR>Can you tell me a little more about this book? <BR>Or is there a previous post about it? <BR> <BR>Thanks. <BR>
[addsig]
<<

endzem

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:55 am

Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner, by Paul M. Sammon is a must for all die-hard fans. It's basically considered as the Blade Runner "Bible". Read this book and your knowledge of BR will increase by like 300%. You can get it at any major book store. <BR> <BR>And welcome to the forum, by the way.
<<

SpookyBoy

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:43 pm

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE> <BR>On 2003-04-21 10:55, endzem wrote: <BR>Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner, by Paul M. Sammon is a must for all die-hard fans. It's basically considered as the Blade Runner "Bible". Read this book and your knowledge of BR will increase by like 300%. You can get it at any major book store. <BR> <BR>And welcome to the forum, by the way. <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End --> <BR> <BR>DO IT NOW! <BR> <BR>ps welcome to the forum
[addsig]
I am The CHEESE!
<<

Ithilien

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Apr 23, 2003 1:44 pm

Thanks all... I am in the library as I type. <BR>Hope I find it. <BR> <BR>BTW>>>> Welcome I feel... Thanks.
[addsig]
<<

citizenchris

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:59 pm

one also must keep in mind that when asked by the individual responsible for restoreing the film in '92 R.S. told him not to change the line.
<<

Partizan

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:58 am

citizenchris wrote:one also must keep in mind that when asked by the individual responsible for restoreing the film in '92 R.S. told him not to change the line.

Hmm.. lost me there buddy, could you explain that to me like im a 4 year old? (Im from Sweden)

What line? And R.S DIDNT want it changed.. but it GOT changed anyway?
"..like tears in rain.."
<<

raymccoy

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:20 am

They recorded new dialogue for M. Emmet Walsh but it didn't match his mouth so they decided to leave it at one got friend.

Return to Deckard - Human or Replicant?