FAQ  •  Login

My theory

<<

Spungo BR8675309

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Nov 18, 2003 2:07 am

My theory

Hello, fellow BR fanatics. I recently came across this and had to participate. Some one has probably come up with this already but i have come up with a theory. I believe Deck is a replicant, arguments against this are things like him being too human and such. The one that got me thinking the most was that if they were going to have a replicant hunt down the Nexus-6 then why have Deckard have bad memories of his job? Well here goes my theory and try to stay open minded. Say back in the day of the old 4's and 5's there was a Bladerunner named Deckard. He was good at what he did, he was the best. Then one day he quits and dies or is killed or is somehow retired (no pun intended) from bladerunning. But they did however, somehow save Deckards memories. Then along come the rebel Nexus-6. Now they need something strong enough to take on a Nexus-6 but also knows how they behave and how to find and retire androids. Thus, they make a Nexus-6 and implant the old human Deckards memories in it. And as we see, it works. The Rep Deck manages to retire the Nexus-6! Opinions?
praise Allah!
<<

endzem

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Nov 19, 2003 11:24 am

Welcome. And excellent theory! I?ve actually thought of something very similar to your theory a few years ago.

I personally prefer to think of Deckard as human. BUT?if I were to accept the Deckard in the movie as a rep, I would like to think that at some point there WAS a real Rick Deckard and that his memories or personality were downloaded to the one in the movie. Maybe the real Deckard died not too long before the movie events took place. Maybe he got involved in such a big case that he needed to disappear for good, a sort of ?witness relocation program?, and now he?s living Off-World under a different identity.
<<

citizenchris

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:54 pm

their is one problem with this theory, pay atention to the opening scroll text. reps werent made illegal untill a "bloody mutiny" by a nexus 6. so their would be no need for blade runers if they were perfectly legal. i've adressed this issue on a post in the regular discussio forum titled "we dont want skin jobs on our planet anyway"

Return to Deckard - Human or Replicant?