FAQ  •  Login

What about Tyrell?

<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:25 am

ridleynoir wrote:Man, I realy can not wait for this disc set any longer :D

Very first thing I'm watching is the deleted scenes.

You can see the jacket in the frame in the final cut, when Roy is going down the elevator, but its only for about a second.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:15 am

The only reason I knew it had to have been filmed is that I saw stills of the scene as well as read the scripts. It had to have been filmed, and it would have fixed what most think is a plot hole.

I am also wondering if there will be a gallery of the promo stills, and what resolution they will be?
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:01 am

ridleynoir wrote:The only reason I knew it had to have been filmed is that I saw stills of the scene as well as read the scripts. It had to have been filmed, and it would have fixed what most think is a plot hole.

That's true...

Wouldn't it be fun to put together a fan edit, just for kicks?

"The Ridiculously Extended Everything We Could Find Including Holden In The Hospital Plus All Of That Deleted Crap And Then Some Not To Mention More Extraneous Footage Of Deckard Waiting At The White Dragon Unfinal Cut"

Or something like that.
-Ridley Scott
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:25 am

I think is exactly what we are going to get :D
<<

Rachel

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:26 pm

ps: congrats for your "Rachael pose" avatar

Thanks Planta. I have a page about this miming of Rachel: http://www.e-monsite.com/cloviecube/rub ... 92088.html but I think I have not finished to touch up the hairs 'cause it looks rather difficult to make this hairstylism without a wig :? Maybe someone gifted could help? I love her brown walnut hair colour so shining and deep!! :shock: I had to touch up the photo to get this wonderful colour but didn't need to touch up my face :) Recently, I've seen two look-alikes of Deckard, it looked fun. I wanted to play the script for fun, especially the best scenes! :oops: :lol: (I don't have actress talents but it's always fun to disguise).

For this avatar, I've played the missing scene of Rachel when we see the profile of each replicants to prepare Deckard to trap them. Do you remember? The policeman don't show the face of Rachel to Deckard but only tells him to go to Tyrell's office.
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:35 am

Rachel wrote:Thanks Planta. I have a page about this miming of Rachel: http://www.e-monsite.com/cloviecube/rub ... 088.html...

WOW! congrats Clovie, i like your mime art and your ability to "become" those kind of women. i'm ignorant about actresses from that era, but i must admit i'm so fascinated by that kind of woman, so classy, glamorous and european styled. they were way more interesting and sexier than all those stupid, silly chicks of today's cinema. congrats, i'll be enjoing your site, now on. too bad the link to this pic doesn't work, i like it so much:

guys! go see Clovie's site and start dreaming of those retrofuture glam women!

Rachel wrote:For this avatar, I've played the missing scene of Rachel when we see the profile of each replicants to prepare Deckard to trap them. Do you remember?

did they filmed that scene!?! i didn't know it! hopefully they put it in the "Making Of" DVD!
<<

Rachel

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:50 am

Thanks Planta! You grant me a new vocabulary, "classy", I didn't know this word :o .

For the pic of Sean Young, here it is:

You can now have it through my gallery about her: http://www.e-monsite.com/cloviecube/rub ... 33565.html. There's sometimes images disappearing. (I've got another gallery but the link doesn't work for other people than me, I don't know why: http://www.zimagez.com/galerie/Sean-You ... 8074-0.php. It includes the URL code to share it on boards or to put it on a site. This code features under the image when you click on it).

Phantom made good gifs of her in the Round Table branch of the board http://bladezone.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2193:

Wah! It's really cool to feel this character from inside through the mime. So "classy" like you said. Her hairstylism reminds a bit the japanese style. There's a good melting of style : fifties, japanese, glamour. I love it! Sean is a rare actress to be able to make it. And her eyes! So brownish shining and intense, in the same direction as Louise Brooks :shock: I hope she will realize her dream of remake about "Topper Buick" with George Clooney. There's a charm between them 8) . If it doesn't happen with George, I'd like someone looking as Gene Kelly instead of George.
Last edited by Rachel on Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:22 am

Rachel wrote:Thanks Planta! You grant me a new vocabulary, "classy", I didn't know this word...

oh... i was pretty much convinced the word "classy" existed! :shock:

Rachel wrote:I've got another gallery but the link doesn't work for other people than me, I don't know why: http://www.zimagez.com/galerie/Sean-You ... 8074-0.php. ...

try without the last dot, like this:

http://www.zimagez.com/galerie/Sean-You ... 8074-0.php

:wink:

Rachel wrote:There's a good melting of style : fifties, japanese, glamour. I love it!

true! and i love how she brings all these "classy" styles down the filthy street, like in this shot:

<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:19 pm

There is one thing that's always bugged me about the costumes. Fur and Leather. If giving a gift of a calfskin wallet is illegal, then why are people still wearing furs and leather? Are these all either grandfathered-in old pieces or faux fur/pleather? Is there a market in old leather and fur, and are new pieces made with the "vintage" material?

Or could cloned fur and leather, where cells are cultured and allowed to grow as massive sheets of animal hide, be a possibility? And if so...wtf was it with that calfskin wallet question in the Voight/Kampff test?

Theories are much appreciated. If this is off topic, I'll move it to another area of the board. This is just something that's bugged me, that's all.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:23 pm

i'm for the clone leather and fur. probably the calfskin wallet question was referring to an illegal market item? who knows...
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:05 pm

msgeek wrote:There is one thing that's always bugged me about the costumes. Fur and Leather. If giving a gift of a calfskin wallet is illegal, then why are people still wearing furs and leather? Are these all either grandfathered-in old pieces or faux fur/pleather? Is there a market in old leather and fur, and are new pieces made with the "vintage" material?

Or could cloned fur and leather, where cells are cultured and allowed to grow as massive sheets of animal hide, be a possibility? And if so...wtf was it with that calfskin wallet question in the Voight/Kampff test?

Theories are much appreciated. If this is off topic, I'll move it to another area of the board. This is just something that's bugged me, that's all.

I'm sure it's all imitation material, or antiques.
-Ridley Scott
<<

Rachel

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:21 am

Planta wrote:
try without the last dot, like this:

http://www.zimagez.com/galerie/Sean-You ... 8074-0.php

Thanks, good trick! :wink:. This dot appears in the window when we're in the gallery, then appears when we copy/past the link :x .

Planta wrote:
retrofuture glam women!

oh great vocabulary! 8)

Deleted wrote:
I'm sure it's all imitation material, or antiques.

Sure, at least for the cost.

Rachel wrote:
For this avatar, I've played the missing scene of Rachel when we see the profile of each replicants to prepare Deckard to trap them. Do you remember?

Planta wrote:
did they filmed that scene!?! i didn't know it! hopefully they put it in the "Making Of" DVD!

I don't know. It's the same for the below pic where she wears a kind of japanese pyjamas which never appeared in the movie:

Msgeek wrote: There is one thing that's always bugged me about the costumes. Fur and Leather.

The melting of fur with fabric like on the dark coat of Rachel below is called "Brocade". I found this pic on this site:

I agree with Planta about the fake fur and leather, "clone". I noticed that the fake fur has the advantage to look less animal, less wild, so more chic, in my opinion. Garbo wore this kind of fake fur in "The Torrent" and it was really stylish.

If we continue to talk about Rachel's look in this topic about Tyrell, I think we should better wrote in a topic especially made for her.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:35 am

Rachel wrote:I don't know. It's the same for the below pic where she wears a kind of japanese pyjamas which never appeared in the movie:

For some reason, she looks like a crack whore in that picture. That's not a phrase I usually associate with Blade Runner, either.

In any event, so if Tyrell was a replicant who is designing and making other replicants, what does that speak of regarding the future of humanity? Note, I still think he's human, just a what if.
-Ridley Scott
<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:17 pm

deleted wrote:In any event, so if Tyrell was a replicant who is designing and making other replicants, what does that speak of regarding the future of humanity? Note, I still think he's human, just a what if.

Perhaps, they need to create replicants because the real humans are too boring and independent. Independent to a point where they can do whatever they want and destroy the world. Replicants are used for nearly every human vice available and they're just there to satisfy the work and pleasure that other humans won't submit to.
<<

Rachel

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:42 pm

Rachel wrote:
I don't know. It's the same for the below pic where she wears a kind of japanese pyjamas which never appeared in the movie:

Deleted wrote:
For some reason, she looks like a crack whore in that picture. That's not a phrase I usually associate with Blade Runner, either.

Yes, I see what you mean, it looks too nonchalant. The style had no further interest for the story and character, then they cancelled it. The garment is nice anyway and, I don't think Sean can really reflect something whore from her person.

Eccentricbeing wrote:
Replicants are used for nearly every human vice available and they're just there to satisfy the work and pleasure that other humans won't submit to.

Yes, it's their duty. I already thought about it since there are machines to stimulate women in their intimacy (I mean sexually) but not for the men, whereas the men seem to need it more than women. It is something that I don't understand: there should be a lot of women robots since a long time for them according to those needs :?: And those robots should not especially be as true women otherwise men could confuse us with them in their psychology and behave uncorrectly with us.

In the other hand, creating this kind of machines, Tyrell reproduces unfair situations that humans lived before the andro?ds as being like a slave. And, if he can't control them correctly, it means that he created more than machines, that's why what he made is not good, attacking the needs of machines the same way as for humans. It could have been good if the machines had true limits of machines.
PreviousNext

Return to Deckard - Human or Replicant?