FAQ  •  Login

DECK-A-REP THEORISTS, Get past this!!!!!!!

<<

ROBOCOP

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:21 am

Noone has answered my question that i have asked many times. If Deckard is truly a replicant, then why did Batty say "you people" not "us". A replicant would say that to another rep. This bit of information disqualifies most of the For evidence including Batty knowing his name. Deck-a-rep theorists explain please
[addsig]
<BR>
<BR>"What are you prepared to do?"-John T Cable
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:31 am

You are assuming Roy knew Deckard was a Replicant - there's no real evidence that he did know that...

Let me repeat what I have said over and over again - YOU CAN'T PROVE IT EITHER WAY!

Some people think one way and some people think another - there is no point trying to convince people to 'come over to your side'. The arguments are very well known by most people who have looked at Blade Runner in any detail - every piece of proof that has been presented for either case can easily be argued against.

Aren't you tired of this?
Last edited by Deckard BR26354 on Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Gunn

We each live in our own realities - who's maintaining yours?

The only thing that you can be 100% sure of, is that you can't be 100% sure of anything.
<<

SpookyBoy

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:09 pm

it will never end. Human nature. You could agree to disagree;-)
I am The CHEESE!
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:30 am

I'm not disagreeing with the 'Deck-a-Human' arguments, I'm just just saying that the 'Deck-a-Rep' arguments are also valid and ultimately neither set of arguments proves the case one way or the other - so why bother trying to do so?
[addsig]
Richard Gunn

We each live in our own realities - who's maintaining yours?

The only thing that you can be 100% sure of, is that you can't be 100% sure of anything.
<<

Tomtrek

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Mon Jun 30, 2003 1:35 pm

ROBOCOP wrote:Noone has answered my question that i have asked many times. If Deckard is truly a replicant, then why did Batty say "you people" not "us". A replicant would say that to another rep. This bit of information disqualifies most of the For evidence including Batty knowing his name. Deck-a-rep theorists explain please
[addsig]

Perhaps he was still mocking Deckard on being given false memories, in the same way he says "Arn't you supposed to be the... good man?"

"They don't advertise for killers in the newspaper. That was my profession. Ex-cop. Ex-blade runner. Ex-killer. "
<<

BR796164

Post Tue Jul 01, 2003 1:24 am

And imagine a human with false memories on hime being a replicant.
Weird huh?

GOSH, THAT WOULD BE A SUPERB PLOT FOR SEQUEL! :wink:
<<

glacial906

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:47 am

[quote="Deckard BR26354"]You are assuming Roy knew Deckard was a Replicant - there's no real evidence that he did know that...
<BR>

If Deckard was a replicant, and he had been the fifth out of the six that arrived on earth, with Roy Baty, Pris, Zhora, and Leon, then how could Baty NOT have known Deckard was a rep?

All those...moments...lost. Like...tears...in...rain.
<<

LtColumbo

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:41 am

Doesn't Roy yell, "kinship!" when he catches Deckard in mid air on the ledge? I think that says alot.

I think I read that in Future noir.
<<

THX1138

Post Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:54 pm

"you people"...maybe he doesnt want to spoil the "fun" for deckard. he still thinks hes human, let him stay that way. i think batty was letting deckard live his "human" life instead of revealing he too is a replicant.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

BR796164

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:10 am

Deckard BR26354 wrote:Aren't you tired of this?

C'mon... if people were really tired of arguing whether Deck is a rep or human, wouldn't it kill BR's most questionable topic?

Besides, then we would completely close "Deckard - Human or replicant" forum.

:wink:
<<

BR796164

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:14 am

LtColumbo wrote:Doesn't Roy yell, "kinship!" when he catches Deckard in mid air on the ledge? I think that says alot.

It sounds like "kinship" but it's not written in any version of the script. This has been already discussed and many people agreed that it's just Deckard's gasp.

But it's interesting anyway.
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:09 pm

Im very happy to think Deckerd as human, but i do keeping thinking of the script that says Batty was his brother, incidently a recently won a copy of the 1 hour radio programe off ebay that was released in 1982 and when Harrison Ford is describing what the film is about he says that he has just come back from an Offworld colony. Does that mean he was with the other Replicants.

I can enjoy all aspects of the film and it's different versions. I sometimes watch the voiceover version and enjoy as much as the DC.
More human than human
<<

THX1138

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:40 pm

i am tired of it, in fact. this is one of the rare (very rare) times i will post in the deckard human vs rep forum. its getting old, only thing that counts now is the "would you PREFER deckard as a rep or a human" topics.

everything else is void because the big man said....deckard is a replicant.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:42 pm

OK, that was my first and last view on the subject.
More human than human
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:14 pm

I think the controversy and differing opinions on this topic is one of the things that has given it such a long lived cult afterlife. I wish ridley had left it more up to the viewer and not stated finally his vision of it.
Next

Return to Deckard - Human or Replicant?