FAQ  •  Login

Will we ever know?

<<

NEXUS ?

Post Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:51 am

Will we ever know?

Some of you may have seen the article. Most probably havent. So I suppose Im just adding to the collection of confusion.

http://www.computercrowsnest.com/sfnews/newse1200.htm

P.S. Anyone know if I can download "THE MAKING OF BLADE RUNNER" anywhere on the net.
"More Human Than Human"
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:26 pm

As there was no indication up to this time make Deckard a Replicant one can only surmise this ?revelation? came during the editing.

I disagree, there "were" indications that he might've been a replicant, albeit subtle ones.

But I also believe that the answer the DC provides us with (via the insertion of the unicorn scene) degrades the movie.
Leon Corporation Employee
<<

Partizan

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:16 am

Re: Will we ever know?

I think its pretty clear that Ridley Scott (during the making of the movie or during the editing, i dont know) wanted Deckard to be a replicant but the movie company didnt allow it, so Deckard is a human in the original version, no doubt about it. Then when Scott is allowed to make some changes he adds the unicorn scene, and Deckard becomes a rep. in the DC version.

I dont give a rats ass about Scott wanting Deck to be a rep in the original movie, he`s still played/acted as a human by Harrison and thats the way they edited/cut the original version, so Deck is human and nothing else (regardless of what Scott had in mind or wanted)
"..like tears in rain.."

Return to Deckard - Human or Replicant?