FAQ  •  Login

Deckard is a Replicant!!!

<<

protectadeck

User avatar

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Posts: 158

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:10 pm

Location: south carolina

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:43 pm

Why didn't ridley leave the missing fifth replicant in the final cut version,to support that deckard might have been the missing replic.
Originaly, 6 replicants ,one got fried by an electrical field at tyrell's.

I was just saying that it would have supported Ridley's replicant idea ,for example , if Deck was taken down by Gaff ,and Gaff was injured in the process,hence needing a cane now. Deck was repaired to go after his replic. buddys. making him the missing replicant. :idea:
Last edited by protectadeck on Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I'm kinda nervous when I take tests" -leon
<<

Bryan12

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Posts: 11

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:16 am

Location: SC

Post Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:26 pm

In answer to your query I personally believe it was a mistake in writing. There probably were six replicants in the beginning of the script process. But, as the script evolved and that character was taken out, the line stayed in, thus...a missing sixth replicant was born.
<<

deleted

User avatar

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Posts: 1191

Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 7:11 pm

Location: The banks of chaos in my mind

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:07 pm

There were six.

But there was also a budget.

Mary, the 6th replicant was cut.

Hence Bryant's dialog error.

Hence the FC and WP having him say that two got fried running through an electrical field.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

protectadeck

User avatar

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Posts: 158

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:10 pm

Location: south carolina

Post Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:41 pm

protectadeck wrote:Why didn't ridley leave the missing fifth replicant in the final cut version,to support that deckard might have been the missing replic.
Originaly, 6 replicants ,one got fried by an electrical field at tyrell's.

I was just saying that it would have supported Ridley's replicant idea ,for example , if Deck was taken down by Gaff ,and Gaff was injured in the process,hence needing a cain now. Deck was repaired to go after his replic. buddys. making him the missing replicant. :idea:


Look under that subject "this is my take on Gaff and all the words spoken by/to/...." See a reason for not ,so called, correcting what bryant says about how many got fried running through the electrical field. It's the FIRST comment I make. Examine the possibles for your self,you'll see what I mean.
"I'm kinda nervous when I take tests" -leon
<<

doc3d

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Posts: 57

Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:53 pm

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:56 pm

If you've seen Adigitalman's "Blade Runner 2008 Fan Edit" you'll know beyond any doubt that Deckard is not a replicant. In fact, he states that his wife left for the outer colonies with another guy who made it big, and he says he decided to stay on earth to try and be human (one assumes after all the murders that have increasingly weighed on him). Batty handles Deckard like a child. So even if Deckard was a replicant, he'd be so far down the release number Nexus level that he'd be completely useless againat a Nexus 6. Bryant wouldn't have employed him if he'd been predestined for failure. Yes. a few of the script variants show the possibility of Deckard as a replicant, but these were just writing experiments that attempted to weave the film into a cohesive whole.

By the way, I've seen the film clip where Ridley Scott claims Deckard is a replicant. This is and is not true. It was true in one or two of the screenplay drafts, but it wasn't true in terms of the completed film. Authors stick in and pull out concepts when building a film. There was a chaotic change when Fancher's work was taken over by Peoples, and everything suddenly was in flux. If Deckard wasn't human, the entire concept of the film becomes false. The VO in the 5 disc set proves it as well. Deckard was a man, who had mostly, but not irredemably given up his humanity to do his job. "Cold fish" his wife who abandoned him terms him. Who can relentlessly kill increasingly human androids without rationalizing away their humanity? But Rachel causes the breakthrough into his construct of a psyche, and shatters it beyond repair. He takes Rachel, and his vulnerability and his pain, and steps into an unsure future, and probably death for them both. But he knows they will both have at least a moment of true freedom before it happens.

Doc
<<

grofaz

User avatar

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Posts: 33

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Post Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:16 pm

Replicant.

"Precious" family photos.
Unicorn dream.
Red glow in eyes.
The Captain's sinister look during conversation.
His natural attraction to Rachel.
Gaff's origami Unicorn.
His special ability to sniff out other replicants. (NEXUS 6 Investigative/Police model perhaps?)
Playing the piano (Rachel made a comment about her own implanted piano abilities).

Replicant, replicant, and replicant :lol:
<<

mtek

User avatar

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Posts: 12

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:03 pm

Location: Lisbon - PT

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:45 am

To me It'd make very little sense if Deckard was to be a replicant... The fragility of its emotions, sensibility and vulnerability would make him a far more emotionally and psicologically advanced replicant than say a Nexus 6, while at the same time being physically as fragile as a "common" human.... What would be the purpose and meaning of such a being?

PS - Sorry for my poor English - hope I could express my thoughts clearly enough! :oops:
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die..."
<<

grofaz

User avatar

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Posts: 33

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:31 am

mtek wrote:To me It'd make very little sense if Deckard was to be a replicant... The fragility of its emotions, sensibility and vulnerability would make him a far more emotionally and psicologically advanced replicant than say a Nexus 6, while at the same time being physically as fragile as a "common" human.... What would be the purpose and meaning of such a being?

PS - Sorry for my poor English - hope I could express my thoughts clearly enough! :oops:


Special "empathy" receptors/programming perhaps? In order to be a Police officer. Just like the Nexus series were given "special" abilities: Combat, pleasure models, etc...

I don't see it any other way, Deckard was an advanced replicant, the Unicorn tied it all together, Gaff being a snake, wanted to ENSURE that Deckard (who was stealing his thunder and was envious) dissappeared along with Rachel.

Why was he not killed then? The authorities could not confirm the use and precense of a replicant on earth which was outlawed and illegal.
<<

mtek

User avatar

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Posts: 12

Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:03 pm

Location: Lisbon - PT

Post Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:11 am

grofaz wrote:Special "empathy" receptors/programming perhaps? In order to be a Police officer. Just like the Nexus series were given "special" abilities: Combat, pleasure models, etc...


Maybe...but why would then Pris being a pleasure model have enough strength to badly harm/kill a human?
Or maybe the replicants strength level would be "software" adjusted and in Deckard's or Rachel's case was not fully enabled...

I don't know...something doesn't quite add up...
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die..."
<<

grofaz

User avatar

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Posts: 33

Joined: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:02 pm

Post Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:28 pm

mtek wrote:
grofaz wrote:Special "empathy" receptors/programming perhaps? In order to be a Police officer. Just like the Nexus series were given "special" abilities: Combat, pleasure models, etc...


Maybe...but why would then Pris being a pleasure model have enough strength to badly harm/kill a human?
Or maybe the replicants strength level would be "software" adjusted and in Deckard's or Rachel's case was not fully enabled...

I don't know...something doesn't quite add up...


jaja it's a movie...some elements are just for drama purposes, Deckard being a "super" replicant would not be much fun...besides what fun would it if Leo could not say "time to die" LOL!
Previous

Return to Deckard - Human or Replicant?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest