FAQ  •  Login

Blade Runner 2

<<

NEXUS ?

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 2:02 am

Blade Runner 2

Can any one give me a run down on why Deckard is on Mars with Sarah,
And what the hell happened to the Tyrell Corporation? All this stuff must have happened in the Blade Runner 2 novel [K.W. Jeter]

Cause I have Blade Runner 3 Replicant Night, and because of where I stay its kinda hard to get any book/movie/anything here. One is looking at around 5 months waiting period! :evil:
"More Human Than Human"
<<

THX1138

Post Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:06 am

well, its kinda a strange story. deckard and rachel fo up north to oregon i think, and rachel is put into a sorta hybernation, a stasis pod. and the tyrell corp. sends out people after decakrd, and they find him. they load ihm into their spinners and fly off. rachel is left behin if i can remember. and then they scorch his cabin down, and take rachel back to LA. actually, they kill her. decakrd is brifed on the missing 6th replicant, which is really confusing, because the sixth replicant can either be holden, roy batty (again), or decakrd. roy batty is back, but as the templant, or the REAL human that the replicant's skills and looks were made after. but that's just what it claims, certain things he does show he is more of a replicant. so, deckard is hunting the 6th, and thinks he kills it, if i can remember. and he goes back to sarah's room at the tyrell corp., and see's "rachel" lying on a bed. the reach rachel is already dead, but this is sarah pretending to be rachel, since they both look alike. sarah set some sort of self-destruct on the tyrell corp (more details are explained why there is a self destruct). the place is gonna come down in about 5 minutes, so decakrd has to get outta there. he picks up "rachel" and runs like hell to the roof, where dave holden picks them up, and they fly away.

in the end, holden has new lungs, and is better than ever, better than human you could say. decakrd and "rachel" go to the off-world immigration office, and go off-world. last you read of it, deckard and "rachel" are on a bus on the way to mars.

that's the best i can decribe it. i read it, it was good, but i began the third, and i dont like it. ill read it someday though, when i have the patience.

Return to Philip K Dick