FAQ  •  Login

Hello all.

<<

funtownarcade

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Dec 08, 2003 12:49 am

Hello all.

I just finished Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep and I must say it was one of the best books i've ever read.
Anyway I have an assignment for my writing class to choose a Califrnian Author and write a research paper to analyze how this writer uses landscape (physical detail) as a symbolic element to convey meaning in text.
I was wondering if anyone has any opinion on this, i cant really think of anything.
Obviously the abandoned apartments and things like that make people cherish living things and help tell the history of the future. What do you guys think of his use of landscape?
<<

THX1138

Post Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:24 pm

sounds like an interesting report. i might have to do one like this for class cometime.

well, i cant remember exactly, but he (P.K. Dick) did give impressions like there were no forests left in the world, except in canada because of the nuclear war (WWIII). this leaves the reader imagining a vast landscape of no trees, but industrialized areas like tokyo or LA, or better yet, new york. its not in the book, i guess its just assumed, if that's the right word. so it's just like the movie...a vast landscape of industry and polluted skies.

not really helpful i think, but its a start.
<<

funtownarcade

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:41 pm

Twelve pages of love due by friday, I'm doomed.
I probably should have started way earlier, but you know how it is.
I'll post the final thing on here.
<<

MALCOLM XERXES?

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Jan 30, 2004 1:18 am

Did you finish the assignment, then?
"...Be seeing you!"
MALCOLM XERXES Stuntman/Actor FINNEGAN?S SQUAD?

Return to Philip K Dick