<<

Nexus Frog

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:35 am

Disney CG adaptation of PKD's "King of the Elves"

http://www.philipkdick.com/media_intro.html

April 8, 2008
Philip K. Dick’s short story “King of the Elves” to become major animated feature from Walt Disney Animation Studios
Philip K. Dick's daughters Isa Hackett and Laura Leslie are serving as consultants through Electric Shepherd Productions on this exciting new Digital 3D project.
From the official press release:

"The Walt Disney Studios unveiled a diverse and ambitious slate of 10 new animated feature films from Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios to be released through the year 2012 at a New York press conference held today by Dick Cook, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios, and John Lasseter, chief creative officer for Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios…

…Scheduled for Christmas 2012 from Walt Disney Animation Studios is "King of the Elves," an adaptation of a Philip K. Dick short story, directed by Aaron Blaise and Robert Walker ("Brother Bear").

KING OF THE ELVES (Domestic Release Date: Christmas 2012, Disney Digital 3-D(TM))
Walt Disney Animation Studios
Directors: Aaron Blaise, Robert Walker
Producer: Chuck Williams
Legendary storyteller Phillip K. Dick's short story (his only experiment in the fantasy genre) becomes the basis for this fantastic and imaginative tale about an average man living in the Mississippi Delta, whose reluctant actions to help a desperate band of elves leads them to name him their new king. Joining the innocent and endangered elves as they attempt to escape from an evil and menacing troll, their unlikely new leader finds himself caught on a journey filled with unimaginable dangers and a chance to bring real meaning back to his own life.

...Commenting on the announcement, Cook said, "We couldn't be more proud and excited about our upcoming line-up of feature projects. With so many great films literally on the drawing boards and computer screens, we felt that now was the perfect time to give moviegoers all over the world an update on the state of our art. In a year when our Studio is marking the 80th anniversary of Mickey Mouse, the character that started it all for us, it seems especially timely to share our plans for the future of animation. With John Lasseter and Ed Catmull guiding our creative efforts both at Emeryville and in Burbank, this is as exciting a time as any in our history."
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:28 pm

:shock:
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:52 pm

Alrighty then. That's different.

Kipple, looks like you've been staring at the screen too long :lol:
ImageImageImage
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:41 pm

This looks like fun.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:26 pm

Wow, Pixar and Philip K. Dick. Very cool. Just so long as this time they don't get Keanu Reeves to voice the protagonist. I don't know WHY everyone insists on casting Keanu as Phildickian heroes. The only actor more wooden than him is Hayden Christiansen.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:43 pm

You can sculpt wood.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:36 pm