FAQ  •  Login

DADOES comic

<<

THX1138

Post Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:18 am

DADOES comic

I was just at the comic shop last night and saw a graphical adaptation of Do Androids Dream of Electric sheep. It was issue 3 or 4 I think, but I didn't buy it. I'm waiting for the omnibus.

Anyone see this yet? Is the artwork the way you imagined it when reading the book?
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Nexus Frog

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:36 pm

There will be six hardcover-graphic novels collecting the series. Volume1&2 are up for pre-order at Amazon!

I emailed BOOM when the series was announced and got confirmation they would do graphic novels. Otherwise, I would be scrambling each month to try and get each issue!
<<

BR1661

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:07 am

Re: DADOES comic

I have issue one of this. Always exciting to see new material out there, but I gotta say, this just doesn't work!

What this comic does is grab the words from the novel and stick them into a comic accompanied with poor artwork, don't be fooled by those pretty covers. Comics are intended to be punchy and easy to read, this is not achieved with PKD's dense text crammed into multiple captions. The visuals in the background become an after thought, and then you realise "I may as well just the re-read the damn book!"

I would recommend getting the DADOES spin off, also produced by BOOM!. It's called Dust to Dust and is a prequel to the DADOES story. Totally orginal and the artwork is hella better!

Return to Philip K Dick