Moderator: BR796164

<<

br_collector

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat May 08, 2004 9:15 pm

WestWood edition CD soundtrack

Hello everyone,

I noticed alot of you are looking for a copy of the Westwood edition Blade Runner soundtrack (songs from the game) I have recently just extracted the music from the game itself and I have made my own copy, each song is 352kbps and sound amazing if any of you are interested I could sell you a copy for $5.00, I also have the cover's and CD cases too.

Thanks
Matt
<<

inspirefei

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun May 09, 2004 10:56 am

well...it's actually easy you get them if you have the game disc...so...I think for those who own the game, they don't need to buy it from anywhere....
I still have the software, named GAP, specially for extract music, sound effects and voice files from the compressed file ,very useful...

P.S.: They are just mono music, anyway...
<<

br_collector

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun May 09, 2004 10:18 pm

Yes but I have used Nero wave editor to change the quality to 44100hz and 16-bit stereo, the songs sound really good.
<<

BR796164

Post Mon May 10, 2004 12:53 am

Resampling to higher sample rate won't give the sound more quality and does not enhance the once given dynamic range. It just makes the file more bulky.

It's really easy for the fans to extract it or record from playback.

By the way, selling copyrighted music to third persons for money is, in my opinion an outrageous piracy.
<<

THX1138

Post Mon May 10, 2004 8:02 am

yes, it is outrageous piracy, but whos gonna do anything about it? i wouldnt buy it because 1) its illegal to SELL the music when you didnt make it and 2) i already have the music

now, if you just charged the $5 for the cost of the music and effort you put into the creation, that's another story. im totally against piracy (uness i really get cornered)

like i said, who's going to do anything about it. i dont think EA cares about the blade runner game anymore.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

inspirefei

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon May 10, 2004 8:18 am

Yep, Westwood&EA don't care about BR game anymore. Maybe we can make another classical BOOTLEG soundtrack, if we won't be sent into prison.
BTW, it's said that the quality of the WESTWOOD edition soundtrack is brilliant, not like the music we extracted from the game disc, but seems only very few people own it. Has anyone ever seen it on eBay?
Last edited by inspirefei on Mon May 10, 2004 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

br_collector

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon May 10, 2004 9:55 pm

Ok so it was a bad idea any way I've seen 3 other copies on eBay a guy who calls himself ebaydecktrade sells them his were also extracted from the game. inspirefei your right when I tried contacting EA about the CD they said they dont deal with Blade Runner questions anymore and that I should try Blade Runner fan sites for information.
<<

THX1138

Post Tue May 11, 2004 8:05 am

cool. in that case, ill bu a cd as soon as i move. just keep one on hand for after my move.

it nice to see a franchise go down the drain like this, huh? (sarcasm) another reason EA sucks. westwood at least had the game music samples and wallpapers to download back when they were westwood.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

BR796164

Post Wed May 12, 2004 1:17 am

Blade Runner stuff is not selling well on the mass market so why should they bother. :roll:
<<

br_collector

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed May 12, 2004 1:32 am

Not exactly, on eBay Australia a copy of the Dir cut sold for $51.00 and a repro of a spinner plaque that is featured on the side of the spinner sold for $200.00 and the first time I saw the Westwood edition Blade Runner soundtrack it sold for 61 pounds (about $70-$80 USD).
<<

alz

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:50 am

The Blade Runner WW Edition was a rip of the original release, because the guy sandwitched other material onto the disc. All the real ones I've seen on ebay (I think there's been 2 or 3) went for over $200 buckeroos.

I contacted Westwood sometime ago (as in years ago) and had some lengthy email conversations with people there (including the original composer, Frank Klepeki(sp)), but no one wanted to share the wealth, due to EA suits. Which is too bad! It'd be great to get all the music, uncut, at super quality :)
<<

Deckard79

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:35 am

Any one know how I can get the music files? Can't seem to find them on the 4 disc edition.

Thanks 8)
<<

br_collector

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:26 pm

Use XCC Mixer, all the music files are in a file called Music.mix which can be found on the 1st disc.
<<

Treybor

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:07 pm

Re: WestWood edition CD soundtrack

br_collector wrote:Hello everyone,

I noticed alot of you are looking for a copy of the Westwood edition Blade Runner soundtrack (songs from the game) I have recently just extracted the music from the game itself and I have made my own copy, each song is 352kbps and sound amazing if any of you are interested I could sell you a copy for $5.00, I also have the cover's and CD cases too.

Thanks
Matt

:D :D :D
Already extracted the files and made one of my own containing all the music from the game and some others that are from similar genre games and CD's. I listen to it while I model the BR stuff.

My roommate is an Audio Guru. The original tracks are in Mono format. He was able convert some of them to a simulated stereo format :D :D :D
Welcome to the Treybortorium! Rooms are $100 a night, but padded cells are free....
<<

Deckard79

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:06 pm

-sigh-
Next

Return to The Blade Runner Game