FAQ  •  Login

BLADE RUNNER FAN FROM BRAZIL NEEDS YOUR HELP!!

Moderator: BR796164

<<

guyfrombrazil

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Feb 23, 2004 6:18 pm

BLADE RUNNER FAN FROM BRAZIL NEEDS YOUR HELP!!

Hi everyone,
my name is Marcos and I live in Brazil. First I wanna say thanks to NEXUS for all his help and comprehension. Well, here in Brazil, due to some distribuitions problems, the BR game (the original and the EA release) never make it here. I need someone to help me. Maybe if someone buy the game for me in any country and send it, I will pay you and I will be very grateful. If you can help me. send me a private message and we will talk.
<<

gaijin

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 2:56 pm

Hello Marcos.
Sorry I can't help directly as I'm a bit distant but I recently bought the game over ebay and I believe a version of this site (or many similiar) exist in the USA. I got mine for under $6 and it was in excellent condition and there were plenty more up for auction. I'm not posting this to 'wind you up' as we say but I wondered if any of you U.S. members might be able to point him in the right direction, i.e. suitable sites etc.
The Future Is Old
<<

THX1138

Post Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:41 pm

actually, if you have cable or DSL internet, i found a Bit Torrent download for the BR game. ISO files for cds 1-4 (all of them). an ISO is basically an image, or copy, of all the contents on a cd and put all into one file.

if you want the link, just reply saying so.
<<

guyfrombrazil

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:16 pm

Man,
my heart is completely full of joy. Please send me the link and I will be forever greatful. Thanks.
<<

THX1138

Post Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:14 am

*POST CONTENT DELETED BY MODERATOR*
<<

BR796164

Post Thu May 27, 2004 11:59 pm

THX1138

Your post is promoting a website which offers pirated software.
Unfortunately, the inaccessibility of legit copies of the game is not an excuse for this.
If you can't refrain, use the private messaging system, email or find other
ways for this purpose.
<<

THX1138

Post Fri May 28, 2004 7:23 am

oh, sorry. i dont use BitTorrent, at all. i just found the site, and posted the link.

i didnt know it had all that pirate software. i thought BitTorrent, according to the authors, was "a better way to download", meaning that servers wont get clogged up with thousands of downloads. they all share the files, meaning that if i made a short animation, i just put out one bit torrent, and thousands of people can share it, making it faster and cheaper, and not pirating anything.

thanks for removing the post though, you saved my butt.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Partizan

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:23 am

I just ordered Blade Runner the PC game :P Looking forward to getting it next week :D

The funny thing is that they didnt take orders for less then 13$ and they wanted 9,6$ for the game.. so i ended up buying 2 of them, for 30$ (thats including shipping costs).
"..like tears in rain.."
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:04 pm

that's crap, who doesnt take orders under $13? that's BS that they want you to buy more, even though you are paying for the shipping as well. as long as you pay shipping + item cost, they shouldnt care how much you spend.
<<

Partizan

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:52 pm

THX1138 wrote:that's crap, who doesnt take orders under $13? that's BS that they want you to buy more, even though you are paying for the shipping as well. as long as you pay shipping + item cost, they shouldnt care how much you spend.

Well, yes i was a bit surprised, its a Swedish internet store..
i guess they think its not worth the trouble with orders for less then 100:- (thats Swedish money..)

http://www.spelbutiken.se/php-bin/main.php

The only sell games i think.
"..like tears in rain.."
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:36 pm

if it was american, ill bet you could sue them or something (suing, the american way ;-) )
<<

Partizan

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:54 pm

THX1138 wrote:if it was american, ill bet you could sue them or something (suing, the american way ;-) )

Hehe, im sure you could sue them if this was US :D
Its not much extra money, ill survive :P
"..like tears in rain.."
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:28 am

Partizan wrote: ... so i ended up buying 2 of them, for 30$ (thats including shipping costs).

So, Partizan, are you going to send the extra copy to that guy from Brazil for christmas?

:lol:

Also, Partizan, I'd like to give you a little advice, if I may...

When you get the game. Don't go doing everything the first time, I mean don't search every scenario hunting for ALL evidence, don't talk to ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY in every location, etc. And don't read any walkthroughs... It'll add a little replay value to the game... I wish you have lots of fun.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

Partizan

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:31 am

Well, i just might, i acctually thought (dont know why..) that he already had gotten help with getting a copy, but now when you mention it ill send a pm to the dude and if he wants it ill give it to him, no problem!
"..like tears in rain.."
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:36 am

Really? ...I was joking, but that'd be very cool!!! 8)
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

Return to The Blade Runner Game