My CD2 is scratched

Moderator: BR796164

<<

fairuza

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:14 pm

My CD2 is scratched

Well I ordered this game used from half.com about 6 months ago and finally got around to playing it. I noticed that while playing the game things were sorta choppy, so I copied an image of CD1 to my harddrive and ran it with Daemon Tools. This improved things.

BUT, my CD2 is so messed up it will not copy completely, therefore I will not be able to play this game after CD1. Luckily, my CD3 and CD4 are ok!

I have examined CD2 and 2 of the 5 files on it can not be copied due to scratches on the outer area of the cd.

The bad files are:
OUTTAKE2.MIX (47.9mb)
A.TLK (75.7mb)

Can anyone send me these 2 files or a CD2 image? I want to burn a good CD2 so I can play this great game.

I don't condone piracy but I did pay for this game and it is rather old (1997), and Westwood Studios doesn't support this game anymore or even exist is appears. So if anyone can help me out that is great. I can take pics of my game/cds to prove I own it if neccassary.

I can set up a 30kbps cable modem ftp and if you can compress those 2 files and upload them I am sure it wouldn't take too long. Email me at: (email removed) if you can help.

Thanks.
Last edited by fairuza on Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

fairuza

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:06 pm

So no one is going to help me? I don't wanna have to buy it again just for one CD.
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:50 am

I would gladly help ya, but I can't: I use a phone modem, and prepay ISP cards... :( With those file sizes, I'd spent my whole internet access for a month in one day. Sorry.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

NEXUS ?

Post Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:14 am

Maybe......

I Can Try E-mail Them To You, Will Have To Compress Them First Though!
Give Me A 5 Days. :!:
"More Human Than Human"
<<

fairuza

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:31 am

Thanks for the offer guys. I am going to just buy it again on half.com. It's like 5 with shipping. Still seems like a lot just for 1 cd I already have. Oh well.
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:05 am

well, in case this happens again, i have a solution that works.

i went and bought the "data doctor" cd scratch remover, and it actually works. it scratches the first layer of plastic (with scratches) from the cd, making it like new again, and it works perfectly. its $35, but i'd pay $50 for the electric one, its well worth it.

so far, it fixed my windows xp cd, a ew backup cds, and my dad's music cd, and they are all working fine now.
<<

BR796164

Post Fri Jan 23, 2004 10:13 am

Some brands of CDROM readers are known to be more reliable when reading scrathched CDs than others.

Oh, you already know that.... Just mumbling to myself :)

Return to The Blade Runner Game