FAQ  •  Login

Movie vs. Game

Moderator: BR796164

<<

NitroBass

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:53 am

What makes the game interesting, after seeing the movie?
..!VanZelfSprekend!..
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:01 pm

You can wander around LA 2019, both in the Deckard's run locations and in whole new places. thery are recreated in a very good way, and catch the atmosphere. It is rich in sounds, and in general well performed by the actors. I didn't like Sean Young's Rachael voice in the game, and neither Leon's. About Tyrell, well, they caught the actual look of J. Turkel in 97 rather than how it looked in 82. (The game plot develops at the same time that the events in the movie are happening) <BR> <BR>If you ask me, I think the game's appeal is that in some way, it gives us more of the same: BR. <BR> <BR>One thing that could have been better is that there are too few peasants in the LA streets apart from the plot-related characters, but I think it was due to technical limitations. Back in 97 there were no such Big Hard Drives, and in the form it was released, the game came in 4 CDs. I enjoyed the game very much.
[addsig]
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

BR796164

Post Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:09 am

Yes, well, 3d accelerators weren't so usual among average gamers in 1997, as they are now... (IIRC, the best 3d cards back then were 3dfx Voodoo 1 (rest in piece, 3Dfx!) and Monster 3D). <BR> <BR>Tyrell is great in the game, much more sleazy businessman than in the movie.
[addsig]
<<

Post Sat Nov 09, 2002 3:08 pm

Personally i liked the game more to the movie. The game presented us with a much more likable main character, and provided more insight into a Blade Runner's life.
[addsig]
<<

BR796164

Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:22 pm

<!-- BBCode Quote Start --><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE> <BR>On 2002-11-09 21:08, GBVA wrote: <BR>The game presented us with a much more likable main character, <BR></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><!-- BBCode Quote End --> <BR> <BR>Oh... what do you mean?
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:49 pm

I don't think so. To me it is clear that McCoy is some kind of "Deckard when he just joined the BR squad", they look alike. If you check out the game manual youcan even see that in the CGI for the cover, they put the scar Harrison Ford has in the chin! <BR> <BR>I'm not saying that he is not likeable, but "more likeable"... I don't think Deckard was meant to be a likeable character, and that's why Roy stole the show.
[addsig]
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

Patryk Wawer

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:56 am

The game has more of those beautiful br set's, and I like it for that.

Return to The Blade Runner Game