Blade Runner Crash

Moderator: BR796164

<<

mrdunn

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:08 pm

Blade Runner Crash

Hey all, I was playing Blade Runner for the first time in years, and I got to the part when McCoy and Steele get the call that McCoy is wanted. When Steele lets McCoy go and he runs down to the subway, the game crashes to the desktop. I have Windows XP, and tried running it in compatability modes, and have installed the patch, but no luck. Just wondering if you guys knew anything. Thanks for your help!
<<

Patryk Wawer

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:44 am

Hi,

Did you have the full installation?
In my opinion it runs better and more stable if you have the 1.5 gig install done.
However i noticed that the game runs buggy on win xp.
i'm not sure if i have the patch instaled but your problem is not similiar to me.
<<

THX1138

Post Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:11 pm

over the years, i have gotten very interested in computers. i have fixed problems, and caused them, lol, but soon fixed them again. i have found that some programs work fine on other computers, but not on some.

for example, i had my old laptop. Deus Ex worked fine. then it died, and i bought a new laptop. Deus Ex works fine the first time i play it. then i reboot windows, and i get a strange Unreal Engine error. So i re-install it, it works...then quits.

also, the program 3D crossroads (recommended it to patryk). it worked fine after installing it, not, only certain 3d models will open and export. but on my other XP machine, it works flawlessly.

no matter what PC it is, no matter what OS (windows 98, 200, XP, etc...), sometimes it will work, sometimes not. im thinking that its a windows problem. maybe some driver problems. i know Maya, on my computer, would stop working and give me crash error reports. i founf out what .DLL was causing the problem, google searched it, and founf it was part of my video card driver. so i downloaded the latest video card update, and now maya works fine. so the best guess is its a hardware problem.

like i said, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. try getting the latest hardware updates. to do this, go to the device manager in the windows control panel, and find out the name and model # of your hardware. then, go to the manufacturer's website and search for the drivers there. this may fix the problem.
<<

NEXUS ?

Post Thu Jan 29, 2004 3:20 am

I think I know what the problem might be.

If you have an anti-virus program running while you are playing the game, It can sometimes cause a random game to crash. I figured this one out when playing motocross madness 2. So what I do is every time I play the game I close my anti-virus program... And perfect'o!

Ofcoarse course it might not be the same,but worth a try!
"More Human Than Human"

Return to The Blade Runner Game