New Blade Runner Game

Moderator: BR796164

<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:38 pm

New Blade Runner Game

Since the rights to BR spin-offs has been obtained, it was mentioned that there is interest in BR on "multiple platforms". GAME comes first to mind.
And, as an avid gamer, that makes me salivate! =P~
ImageImageImage
<<

ryosan

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:43 am

Re: New Blade Runner Game

I think that Epic Games new game "Samaritan" could be a nice little homage to Blade Runner, not as much as Snatcher was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSXyztq_0uM

Which also reminds me supposedly Hideo Kojima is working on a follow up to Snatcher.

I wonder if a new BR Game would be an action adventure title, like Resident Evil 4 or something. I don't know the plausibility of doing another point and click unless it was on the iPad. Even then, there'll always be the feeling that "it was done better before".

Me, I'd rather Westwood re-released it updating the character models for the iPad and iPhone (as well as PC/Console downloads etc)!
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:58 pm

ryosan wrote: I wonder if a new BR Game would be an action adventure title, like Resident Evil 4 or something. I don't know the plausibility of doing another point and click unless it was on the iPad. Even then, there'll always be the feeling that "it was done better before".

Yup, no reason to try and re-make the BR game with something like point and click.That game is a classic.Was awesome.A new BR game needs a fresh approach.Now we have HD 3-D gaming.The possibilities are exciting.
"Deus-Ex: Human Revolution" is even being advertised as being heavily influenced by BR. I'm looking forward to it. "Heavy Rain" (The Origami Killer) was very cool. And, I see the influence in the look of the "Samaritan" video. It's almost like the industry is biding their time and gearing-up for a BR game release. Testing new ideas until they're ready for an actual "Blade Runner"... Which is, of course, what I really want.

ryosan wrote:Me, I'd rather Westwood re-released it updating the character models for the iPad and iPhone (as well as PC/Console downloads etc)!

I wish it could be re-released for current operating systems, as well. I miss the hell outta that game.
BTW, Westwood has been out-of-business for several years.
ImageImageImage
<<

ryosan

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:12 am

Ah yes, slip of the tongue. I meant EA or whoever owns the rights now.

In this screenshot
http://www.flickr.com/photos/duncanjhar ... 529675881/

it's nice to see the actual full resolutions of the character models!

Incidentally, if you have a Mac and an original copy of the game, you can install and run it through WineSkin and it runs perfectly.
The wrapper for this game has been uploaded here
http://forum.portingteam.com/viewtopic. ... 03&p=48792

Note the wrapper is NOT THE ACTUAL GAME (and I personally would hunt down anyone who pirated it!) but a small program that you can install BR into and run it without the need for Parallels and the like.
<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:47 am

I'm playing L.A. Noire http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc_Mww4Ra5k&ob=av3e right now, and I just can't stop thinking about how great a Blade Runner game in this vein would be...
"Nobody respects you later, for having been a nice guy and given up." -Ridley Scott
<<

sadik

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:13 pm

no news for a new game blade runner game
just dropped a line

hello cheers n good luck

Return to The Blade Runner Game