Audio and video from Westwood's ftp site

Moderator: BR796164

<<

Feyhra

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sat May 23, 2009 7:40 am

Audio and video from Westwood's ftp site

You can still get sounds and video from the game, as well as patches, from Westwood's ftp server.

ftp://ftp.westwood.com/pub/bladerunner/

If the link doesn't work in your browser(It usually does but I just tested it and it didn't for some reason), then it still works fine in an ftp client like Filezilla. Just set the host to ftp.westwood.com
It's my heart. It feels like an alligator.
<<

Phantom

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sat May 23, 2009 1:11 pm

seems amazing but i can't connect to ftp either with filezilla..
ImageImage

"THE NEWEST MACHINE IN THE WORLD WILL NEVER
MATCH THE HUMAN BEING."

-Ayrton Senna-
<<

Feyhra

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sat May 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Phantom wrote:seems amazing but i can't connect to ftp either with filezilla..

alright, i just tried it again with filezilla and it worked fine for me. all i did was put "ftp.westwood.com" in the "host" box and hit quickconnect and it worked straight off, really quickly. from there you go to /pub and then to /pub/bladerunner

i left the username and password boxes empty so it just filled them out automatically as a standard "anonymous" type Clogin

in my settings i've got Connection > FTP > Transfer Mode set to "Active", with "Allow fallback to other transfer mode" ticked. I might have changed that from the default a while ago which might be why i'm having more success on this server. i can't remember for sure

there are two basic forms of ftp, active and passive and certain client and server setups can be finicky about what works with what - certain older NAT router don't work so well with active mode because they have to automagically detect that you are trying to connect to an ftp server and open a port so the server can connect to you. modern routers are usually fine with that, but you might have trouble if it's an old one, or you are behind a restrictive firewall or something

it used to work just fine in firefox, up until about a week ago which is when i last looked. now it doesn't, whch is weird, so perhaps they've reconfigured their server or something?

if none of that works then i really have no idea what's wrong..

ftp servers an be touchy though. ftp is a gnarly old protocol and sometimes has a gnarly old attitude to match!
It's my heart. It feels like an alligator.

Return to The Blade Runner Game