Change Game Resolution??

Moderator: BR796164

<<

bussta242

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:48 am

Change Game Resolution??

I've just recently installed the game which I am really looking forward to playing, but upon first inspection the screen res looks awful, I am runnig it on a laptop with a max res of 1440x900, but can't see where to change the res in the game options. Can this be done? if not i'm going to have to sit the other side of the room to play it as it's too blocky and pixelated, surely there must be a way of changing it?? it's not my laptop as it's a MacBook Pro and more than capable of running even the newest games.

Thanks in advnace for your help!

:roll:
<<

BR796164

Post Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:07 am

I'm afraid the resolution of graphics and models is hard-coded and you can't change it unless you seriously tamper with DLL intestines. If it was easy, we'd probably knew how to do it by now. I guess it would result in serious graphics glitches if it would work at all - it's not as easy as changing resolution of a 3D game.
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:18 pm

Re: Change Game Resolution??

bussta242 wrote:I've just recently installed the game which I am really looking forward to playing, but upon first inspection the screen res looks awful, I am runnig it on a laptop with a max res of 1440x900, but can't see where to change the res in the game options. Can this be done? if not i'm going to have to sit the other side of the room to play it as it's too blocky and pixelated, surely there must be a way of changing it?? it's not my laptop as it's a MacBook Pro and more than capable of running even the newest games.

Thanks in advnace for your help!

:roll:

Are you dual booting with XP or Vista and BootCamp, or are you running it under Windows as a guest OS under either Parallels or VMWare Fusion? I have VMWare Fusion and I want to install 2K as one of my guest OSes but I'm wondering if I'm going to need 98SE as a guest OS to run this. I know that I would have to install 98SE as a guest OS if I was to run "Beavis & Butt-Head: Virtual Stupidity" because it won't run under 2K no way no how. And I'd rather not screw with either XP or Vista because they are unholy hogs.

I have the game but haven't played it yet. Want to get it to run on my MacBook. Any ideas?
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

Phantom

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:57 am

for the best resolution: 15" CRT
ImageImage

"THE NEWEST MACHINE IN THE WORLD WILL NEVER
MATCH THE HUMAN BEING."

-Ayrton Senna-
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:50 am

Phantom wrote:for the best resolution: 15" CRT

That's probably true, Phantom. I viewed it that way 10 yrs ago. Although... still looks good on my 19" LCD now (running Win`98 SE).

msgeek wrote:I have the game but haven't played it yet.

Really?... ever?... Wow, I envy you 8) ...almost.
ImageImageImage

Return to The Blade Runner Game