"HEAVY RAIN: The Origami Killer"

Moderator: BR796164

<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:43 pm

"HEAVY RAIN: The Origami Killer"

It sure would be nice to have a new Blade Runner game. It's been talked about on these boards many times over the years. The Westwood game from 1997 (Winner of the Best adventure game of the year by the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences in 1998) was, and is, a fantastic game... Albeit not so readily accepted by the general gaming public.

There's been mention by some members of the forum that EIDOS, of DEUS EX fame, could possibly create a worthy BR game... If it were to happen. EIDOS collaborated with a french company QUANTIC DREAM (Fahrenheit EU / Indigo Prophesy US) in 1999 to create one of my favorite games at that time, OMIKRON: The Nomad Soul.

Anyhow, with the unlikely possibility of a new BR game on the foreseeable horizen, I thought I'd share some info on an upcoming game that you may or may not have heard about.

Developed by Quantic Dream, it's an adventure game being described as a mature film noir mystery thriller without any supernatural elements that is interactively bendable. Seems to be right up our alley :D

*more info* :arrow: "HEAVY RAIN:The Origami Killer"

ImageImageImage
<<

BR796164

Post Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:45 am

That looks unusual, thanks for the tip, GE! :shock:
<<

Noneoftheabove

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:34 am

The game sounds impressive. Too bad it isn't a noir thriller set in a Blade Runner esque world. At least at this point all signs seem to point to a contemporary setting.
That aside, Quantic Dream are the fella's I would most certainly want behind the development of another Blade Runner game. Maybe now is the time to send em' a ton of e-mails begging for it to happen!?

I'll have to keep my eye on Heavy Rain. I've been a fan of QD's other games since Omikron: The Nomad Soul and Fahrenheit. If the US version of Fahrenheit was called Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain will probably end up being called something else... Hopefully it will not be changed to a dumb title like "Woman scorned". Keeping an eye on this game with the predictable name change will be tricky! :D
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:42 pm

Noneoftheabove wrote:Quantic Dream are the fella's I would most certainly want behind the development of another Blade Runner game. Maybe now is the time to send em' a ton of e-mails begging for it to happen!?

That's not a bad idea. They're so meticulous in their work, I have a feeling they would really get-off making a game about BR. It seems they are fans... I mean, Heavy Rain:The Origami Killer is pretty much referencing BR twice in the title alone.

Noneoftheabove wrote:I've been a fan of QD's other games since Omikron: The Nomad Soul and Fahrenheit.

Really? Are you sure? They've been working on RAIN for more than 2 yrs, and before that, Fahrenheit aka Indigo Prophesy was released. If they have any other games, I'd love to know about `em.
ImageImageImage
<<

endzem

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:51 pm

I heard about Heavy Rain almost a year ago when I checked out their website. Glad to hear it'll be coming out soon. I played The Indigo Prophesy and loved it, especially the two little references to Omikron: still one of my old time favorite games, which I haven't played in over 6 years!

Return to The Blade Runner Game