A theory about the game/film intermingling, concerning Tyrel

Moderator: BR796164

<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:35 am

A theory about the game/film intermingling, concerning Tyrel

A detail that always buggered me about Westwood's Game was the looks of Tyrell. As they scanned Mr. Joe Turkel's face in 1997 to produce the 3D model, in game cutscenes the character looked older than the Tyrell we see in film, despite both storylines happening at the same time fictionwise. This discrepancy always got a little bit of head shaking from the nitpicker I often am.

Today I was reading the Wikipedia entry on the game (in hopes to find any mention of the "Maggie the dog survives at the end" endscene mentioned in other thread) and while reading character descriptions, I had an insight. What if Clovis met the real Tyrell, but Roy met the infamous clone? Tyrell was alerted by Clovis attempt on his life, that more reps would come after him, and then proceeded to incept a (younger looking) replicant of his to use as a decoy to avoid assasination. That very same week, Roy came to visit. Tyrell survived.

I usually avoid going into this kind of reasoning out inconsistencies, but it just came to my mind all of a sudden, and I thought I'd share it. After all, inconsistencies gave us the Deck-the-6th-rep thing.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

BR796164

Post Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:11 am

Well, surely he looks older if Mr. Turkel was older. =)

But actually I think the model looked very good, and Turkel's voice acting was great as well. In case of Rachael it's worse - the rendered model we have seen just for a few seconds remind her only remotely and her voice doesn't sound like Rachel's much, it's more deep, more mature than in the movie. This may depend on quality of the record a bit, but it's obvious that Sean Young wasn't 20 and something in 1997 anymore.
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:57 am

Ah, yes... I forgot about Rachael. As you barely see her at all the thing is not as noticeable, and first time I listened to her I thought Sean Young must've had a cold, sore throat or something when she voiced that.

I agree that Mr. Turkel did an excelent voice job. It was the best of the lot with James Hong.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

endzem

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:29 pm

Hey, I like your theory very much, Centauro! Nice way to connect the game and movie even further.

Return to The Blade Runner Game