Moderator: BR796164

<<

Zyme

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:28 pm

A different installation problem

Hello everyone -

after trying every kind of trick I found online, I am curious whether someone here has a clue:

I am running windows xp sp2 (not the 64version)
When I start running the setup.exe on the first CD, the installation stops at 9% and the message always is
"Setup requires _SETUP.DLL and ISRES.DLL (located in SETUP.LIB) in order to operate properly. Please ensure these Files are located with SETUP.EXE"

Well, I tried to start the installation after I copied the CD onto my harddrive. I also tried different versions of these files that I downloaded - without success.

But by chance I discovered something that puzzles me: When I delete one specific file of all those on CD1 (on my harddrive), the installation wizard runs - but then it asks me to install it from the CD because "some files are missing". The File that blocks my install initialization is "Blade.ini"

Does anything from this information sound familiar to you?
<<

Zyme

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:37 pm

Solution!

Thanks to anyone who thought about this -
And in case someone else arrives at this point and needs help: Here is the solution I found.

In "Control Panel" - "System" - "Advanced", you have to click the "Environment Variables" button.
Now you have to change the TEMP variable, for example to "c:\temp"

And your installation will work 8)

I can?t wait to enjoy the game again, more than half a decade after the last time.
<<

BR796164

Post Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:47 am

Yes, I was thinking about this, but your problem seems to be so rare that I had little to no clue... Well I'm glad you managed to solve it!

Return to The Blade Runner Game