FAQ  •  Login

game engine ideas

Moderator: BR796164

What type of organization should design, syndicate and promote a BR-style game engine?

Profit
No votes
Non-Profit
No votes
51% Profit / 49% Non-Profit
No votes
51% Non-Profit / 49% Profit
No votes
Anarchy
No votes
Enterprise--but not corporate
100%
All Volunteer--but not free
No votes
Government
No votes

Total votes : 3
<<

nw2010

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:45 am

game engine ideas

I'm Nick from Corvallis, Oregon and for the last few years I've been working on templates, game engines' interoperability with online APIs and form-fed character columns and data sets (for those doing gurps/ (A)D&D/ warcraft. I did a write up like this before on a WoT site but that version contained much less detail because now I know more.

I'm working on parts to an MaPRPG, themes and memes from BladeRunner, Uplift, Tolkien/Jordan/Le Guin are great fits it's coming up with names and settings that's the hard part.

MaPRPG: Massively Peered or Mapped Peer Review rpg but it's not turn based. Static die-cast turns are not the core of it. I don't know the core of the human part but I can help define the measures and standards used in an environment designed to boost collaboration.

Mix the natural and anthropological with chronic code inputs and you have the presence of mutually self-interested parties WITH Mutually Beneficially Correlated Mapping -- Assignments, Puzzles, Points/Rewards and placement of time-independent public domain Art to take on the corporate RPGs.

For a little of the serialization I'm currently looking at the French phpMMORG it was on www.sf.net I'll put it on my server and post a new link.

Today's challenge in RPGland is how to transparently collect, serialize and review elements of emerging framework (meaning existing + new patches) and, at same time, spend more time creating the new framework where, participants/Passive types can mouse yes or no and.. contributors/Active types can design and procure a section or realm where they can nurture and sandbox theirs and others ideas to a deliverable, Open Source Software or F/OSS-compliant state.

The core concept is: Write/Code/Sing Something. Technically this means: writing code. Creatively this means: beat, rhymes 'n verses. Either of these in sums or together make a world. If you know of hyperfiction or together rap groups like The Wu-Tang you know about the creative Something.

In terms of codification we now have the tools to build a world into worlds as never before. Yet some are slow to realize the creative Somethings can abridge or interleave with a coded entry, therefore putting out energy outputs and akin to various pointer assignments like stacks/arrayed/moving integers->pointers, for-each loops + if/then/else notations that the taxonomists and clerical programmers love so much and.. advanced matrix math->binary code with full source.

Pay non-technical attention here: Precepts or certain operating parameters for localization and enumeration of the mentioned Framework are decided by collaborative bylaws. Identity has to preserve transaction but cannot replace or take form OF transaction, else it goes corporate and flattens revenue.

That's the other thing: every element I've recruited for is Open Source so if you have a one-way skitchy API that's not good enough.

" Be Seein' You "

Peace,
Nick
<<

THX1138

Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:43 am

im gonna hold off on my vote. i'd say enterprise because all the free, volunteer stuff ive seen has never been completed. but then again, i can look over sf.net and find a lot of games that have been completed. but the number of games started versus the number of games finished, there's no competition there, its very safe to say 95% of games started from open source or free/volunteer work never get finished. i'd say enterprise because it's always more organized, dedicated, and has the funding and motivation to get the job done.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton

Return to The Blade Runner Game