FAQ  •  Login

Do VK test and KIA modification change the storyline?

Moderator: BR796164

<<

Self-Made Man

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:01 pm

Do VK test and KIA modification change the storyline?

Hi,
I got through the game about five times or so (it?s been a while), found several different endings, but I never understood what effect VK tests or holding back evidence by using your modified KIA (you know, from the gunshop) have on the game, if any. I?m currently playing it again and now I?m sick of trying out different possibilities, so please help me. :cry:

I know that attempting VK directly changes the storyline in some instances, but once you?ve decided to test someone it doesn?t matter what you ask, does it? And why is there a manual calibrating button (if it is called like that in English...mmh, probably not :? but you know what I mean) at all?

And Bob?s KIA mod is also completely useless!!! The only thing it did was getting me stuck in the game several times because I held back info that was nescessary to progress...at least that?s what I think. :shock: This game is so mysterious...
<<

BR796164

Post Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:28 am

Indeed, the game is mysterious in some aspects.

I don't think that VKing people has significant impact on the story.
If it does, then it can lean McCoy's personality to either REPLICANT SYMPATHIZER or TRUE BLADE RUNNER.

But, if you play true Blade Runner, you may decide to retire a subject once VK tells you he/she is a rep. And killing people DOES alter the story.
Some people are easier to test than others. Grigorian can be difficult subject to test , but he's always human. If you test Lucy in the sewers, you will always get some result, no matter what questions you ask and no matter whether she's human or replicant. Bullet Bob is the most difficult subject. There is really no clear evidence whether he's rep or human - it all depends on how do you callibrate the machine and what questions you ask him.
On callibration - again, results for some people are sensitive to manual/automatic calibration and for others they are not. Results of Bullet Bob are very sensitive to even automatic callibration - second callibrating question will set the response marker to a higher point, possibly altering the result. How the manual callibration alter the results is rather obscure, but I think that the more to the right you set the marker, the stronger response threshold machine takes into consideration. Stronger response = more human. I think.

Modified KIA.... I always thought that if you upload some "undesired" info (like DNA information or Photo of McCoy near moonbus) into the mainframe, Steele will get it and behave accordingly. But it doesnt' seem to matter much whether ypu upload them or not. Perhaps the developers didn't implement it's story-altering possibilities as they expected...

Still it's nice to have a modified KIA just for the sake of it. :lol:
<<

sadik

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sat Feb 25, 2006 5:23 pm

vk

if i remember correctly (its been a while since last played the game) bob's mod has no significance in the game at all.As for the vk-ing i remember that usually when lucy is human dektora is not and the contrary(lucy replicant n dektora human) but there are variations .Generally the only consequence from vk-ing is that when u run away with dektora or lucy ray will mention something like "we dont have much time" or "the dna info might be enough" or not and in some cases it determines with which replicant u take off.
cant u see it, man?...it is a machine just like u!!
<<

BR796164

Post Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:50 am

When sadik appears, it's always worthwhile listening... 8)
<<

sadik

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:05 am

LOL 8)
cant u see it, man?...it is a machine just like u!!

Return to The Blade Runner Game