Moderator: BR796164

<<

PSyM0n

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:01 am

**VK'ING GRIGORIAN IN LOCK-UP**

just having a few problems!
i have absoloutly no idea what im ment to be doing whilst VK'ing peeps im currently vk'ing Grigorian in the Lock-up...what am i supposed to do because im just cliking anybutton i can to ask q's and what is the deal with peeps bein 'human' or not :? im so confused! :( ...i think im the only one whos not understanding this but ayyyy im here for help so :lol:

anyways lots of thnx to anyone who can help :!:
_-_- PsY-o1 -_-_
<<

PSyM0n

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:08 am

ment to say above ***^^*** 'being human or replicant' + whats the difference :?:

thnx again
_-_- PsY-o1 -_-_
<<

BR796164

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:34 am

You have to ask the character a specific set of questions of various emotional intenstity to get a satisfying result. You can ask every subject 10 questions, then the test ends, no matter if you get a positive result or not. Before you start the test itself, click on the red flashing button on the VK machine three times to calibrate it (adapt it to subject's "emotional level"). You can manually calibrate the machine by moving the small button above the gauge to the left or right, but this is not recommended -
it may alter the result of the test.

Question buttons are on the right side of the machine.
The left button asks a low intensity question.
The middle button asks medium intensity question.
The right button asks high intensity question.

High intensity questions provoke strong emotional responses which are very good for the machine to make a decision whether the subject is a human or a replicant, but asking too much of them can irritate the subject, ending the test prematurely. Low intensity questions are safe to ask, but don't provide such exact data for the VK machine. They are good to "cool off" the subject after asking more medium or high intensity questions.
Once you are succesful in asking the right combination of questions, the machine will announce you whether the subject is a human or a replicant.

So the art of VKing is to choose the right combination of low, medium and high intensity questions for every subject. This may take several attempts until you get a practice with it, so it's good to save game before you test anyone.

Hint: Grigorian is always human. He's sort of a practice subject, if you will.
The most difficult subject to test is Bullet Bob from Hawker's Circle Weapon Store.

Of course, if VKing is boring for you, you can play through the game without testing anyone.
<<

PSyM0n

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:53 am

thnx so much for your help couldent of gone this far without your help!

i think i like the challenge of VK'ing peeps so i think i will have a crack at it ... i got human for Grigorian after 2'nd try so i think im going alrite so far

cheers again :D
_-_- PsY-o1 -_-_

Return to The Blade Runner Game