Moderator: BR796164

<<

br_collector

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:22 am

Questions for THX1138 and others

Hey,
I was reading your topic on the game audio commentary and you said you managed to extract some videos off the Blade Runner CD, I was wondering if you have got the intro movie (the first thing you see when you start the game), I can only extract it as a wav so all I get is the audio part but when I try extracting it as avi it just crashes. If you extract it as jpeg's how big is the total size of all the frames put together? Because it crashes when I try extracting it as jpeg's as well as avi. Could you possibley post those jpeg's as a download if its small enough?

Those CD's have so much more stuff I havent seen yet especially in the speech files....very interesting

Thanks
<<

THX1138

Post Sat Aug 28, 2004 10:22 pm

actually, i think i could get the intro animation if i try running XCC mixer under linux via WINE. i remember a few years ago, way back even before i ordered my game, i downloaded from some website some intro animations. the animation with the spinner slying through the hades landscape and into the city, that one, not the lucy/runciters animation.

it's possible to extract any animation and sound/music from the game, but it crashes on me too. i havent tried everything though. i havent tried exporting to PNG or PIC or whatever, only JPEGS. but, like i said, it crashes for me too, but it is possible. ill try everything i can. maybe the next few versions of XCC will fix the crashing.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

br_collector

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Aug 29, 2004 1:48 am

Is there a program that records evrything happening on the screen?, maybe having a program like that will help. Also does anyone know of any web sites that might have small video clips of Blade Runner on it? I remember I once downloaded the promotional video for the game, it had the Vangelis score and heaps of scenes from the game, it was awsome.
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:47 am

In my case, I've never tried to extract vids, only audio. Sorry that I can't help you, good luck.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

THX1138

Post Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:23 pm

br_collector wrote:Is there a program that records evrything happening on the screen?, maybe having a program like that will help. Also does anyone know of any web sites that might have small video clips of Blade Runner on it? I remember I once downloaded the promotional video for the game, it had the Vangelis score and heaps of scenes from the game, it was awsome.

good idea. actually, i used one called camtasia for a while for a video presentation i did a while back for a dental office. it was a trial version for 30 days, fully functional, but i think it might have changed since then. i think this would be your best bet for now, until XCC can fix the crashes, in which then you could extract the video directly to jpegs and render them all into one video clip of any codec. this would be best because you would get better quality, but for now, screen capturing would probably be the only way to go.
<<

THX1138

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:15 am

wow. long time no post. you still need/want the intro video?
<<

br_collector

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:51 pm

Actually I managed to extract the intro video (full length) using a program called VQA 2 AVI, you can download it from here (2nd from the bottom)

Unfortunately the codec I used to create them (I think its called indeo 5.1) has strangely stopped working for me and the video just keeps freezing, I also got alot of other videos from the disc's too - endings,intro's etc.

I'm going to go back and redo all the videos I extracted before but I will use divx 3.11 alpha this time, but I've been saying this to myself for the past 6 months and it still hasn't happend (been busy with work and study)

Did you manage to get them too thx?
The only crumple zone on a Cobra is the other car
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:05 am

just my own copiesthat ive taken the jpegs and ripped audio and combined them togther. havent tried anything else in a long time.
<<

br_collector

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:01 pm

Yeah it's a preety lengthy process ecpecialy on a slow computer like mine (500mhz CPU) and depending on which codec you use it may also crash alot for you.

Well it's the weekend now I "might" try and re-rip these videos if I get a chance (I'm building my Blade Runner blaster right now), just hope I have enough room on my 6gb hard drive...
The only crumple zone on a Cobra is the other car

Return to The Blade Runner Game