FAQ  •  Login

game audio commentary!

Moderator: BR796164

<<

THX1138

Post Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:26 am

game audio commentary!

i just extracted ALL of the game sound effects (every single one you hear, steam, footsteps, rain, boiling water, etc...) and i stumbled across an audio commentary by one of the game developers (sounds like a CGI guy, maybe a programmer).

i converted them from .wav to MP3, put them all in a zip file for you to download.

http://www.dac1138.com/commentaries.zip

he talks about hawkers circle, Ray McCoy (possible a repliceant and a slob) and the White Dragon Sushi bar.

i'm sure there's a video to go along with it. mabe ill search around the .mix files with XCC mixer and extract the videos to go along with it and compile it into a video file.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:50 am

:shock: You're the MAN,THX1138!!! (assuming you are male,that is.)
It's amazing how this old PC game, much like the film, can still surprise us :D
Very kewl discovery 8)
ImageImageImage
<<

BR796164

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:41 am

Interesting "bonus"! :lol:

And it took few years to one fan to discover it, and letting others know.

BTW, on one of the BR game CDs there are some photos of Westvood developers kidding around.
<<

THX1138

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:04 am

yeah, that's on the first cd. i thought everyone knew that already.

im still looking for more commentaries, because there has to be more.

als, i can extract all the video files in the game as well, all the movies. of course, none of this would be possible if someone (cant remember their name) hadnt talked about XCC mixer extracting game music. if they know who they are, say so so you can get some credit as well :-)
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:50 pm

If I never posted a topic about this, it was just because I tought that anyone with the extraction software would want to hear the whole audio files! Seems I wwas wrong... I did it long ago, trying to find dialogues that I hadn't come across, after getting all the endings and playing repeatedly without finding anything new. I did find those bits.

THX, did you get the dialogue between Rachael and McCoy in the apartment elevator? I think that branch was cut from the final game, because, no matter what I did, I never got that in-game. And, beleive me, I did all the things in every order imaginable.
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

THX1138

Post Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:18 pm

Centauro: not yet, lol. im still sifting through the video files and sound effects. i havent even gotten to the music yet. its a lot of stuff to go through. do you still have the audio file? if not, ill post it when/if i come across it.

i think if its blade runner, and its out-of-the-ordinary (like commentaries, extras, etc...) people want to hear about it. if you ever find anything strange or un-ordinary, just post it. it ownt hurt, it will only add to the "blade runner library". :-) the bigger the better.

---===EDIT===---
centauro: go ahead and just post them if you have them, im not going to look for them. i got what i wanted (music).

so if anyone wants the music from the game, i have it converted to mp3 and in stereo (according to dbpoweramp), so ill post them to my website tomorrow and all throughout this week.
<<

BR796164

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:29 am

Where I can find this XCC Mixer?
<<

THX1138

Post Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:54 pm

i think it came from sourceforge. www.sf.net OR www.sourceforge.net

http://xccu.sourceforge.net/

you can open and extract files from the .MIX files and the .TLK files.

it crashes most of the time when you try and extract a video. you can tell an audio file form a video file by the different extensions. "au" for audio. just highlight, Right-click and "extract as WAV > PCM" it will extract the files to the directory XCC is in. you may have to do some searching for the files if not.,
<<

BR796164

Post Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:03 am

Thanks THX!
<<

BR796164

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:29 am

So I have tried this XCC mixer, extracted some voice clips and music. Handy thing. I tried to convert some videos into AVIS, but gave up when I realized that it naturally takes long time.
I will put it into my archives, maybe Ill find use for it one day.
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:32 pm

i just extracted the movied as JPEGs, and used VideoMach to compile them all into AVI. the videos, for me, only take a matter of second to extract. on some of them it crashes though (an XCC software problem)

Return to The Blade Runner Game