FAQ  •  Login

bladerunner 2 a possibility?

<<

Nexus6combatmodel

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:39 pm

Yes please just leave the movie alone, no sequel or prequel is needed in any way.
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:51 am

It's funny how for so long many of us dreamed for a sequel. I remember a day when movies like 'The Empire Strikes Back', 'Aliens', 'The Wrath of Kahn' and 'Terminator 2' made us hungry for sequels. That was until so many bad sequels were made. After the Star Wars Prequels especially, the idea of any more movies made after our favorites just made our stomachs cramp up.

I have to go against the grain and say that if it was done right (which I doubt), I would be okay with a sequel. There is so much more story that is only just hinted at, and so much more world that I want to explore. Of course I do agree though that any attempt by anybody, even Ridley himself would almost have to disappoint me. There is room for a miracle, however slight.

I can only hope, and/or Dread
Andy
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:45 am

I agree with you Ridleynoir. It can be done. But, not in the "traditional" way. :wink:
<<

old sushiman

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:35 pm

well...for a movie that conquers"hearts and minds"like BR everyday,the possibility for a sequel is almost a"giant s job",because the quality for a new script must be beyond the word"amazing".BR universe is fascinating,and the care with a new sequal begins with the script and finnish with the casting,crew and the director(you can remember that BR has troubles behind the scenes),and talking about the casting selections its a issue that makes me worried sometimes.BR 2 is okay if it rules of course.Maybe a tv series can be a nightmare or a heaven(and thinking about the first option).
Last edited by old sushiman on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:57 pm

A Blade Runner sequel....in my world this would be not the "next chapter". It is more in the realm of having a similar ambiance.

The script? :lol: There should be no problem there. Creating the same environment shouldn't be either. It's been 'replicated' enough times in t.v., commercials, games, and other movies.

I wish I'd finish the (BR) story (fanfiction) I have. It is the perfect example of what I mean. I'm sure a majority of those against a sequel/pre-quel would actually go for it.

Give me more time...lol. I have a feeling I'll be returning to it really soon. :wink:
<<

Phantom

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:42 pm

the sequel is the game.
ImageImage

"THE NEWEST MACHINE IN THE WORLD WILL NEVER
MATCH THE HUMAN BEING."

-Ayrton Senna-
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:23 am

The sequel is the play button.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

Anonymous

Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:17 am

Maybe we'll luck out and along with a BR sequel we'll get an anime anthology DVD like The Animatrix and Batman: Gotham Knight. That's what I'd love to see.

Considering that both the Matrix sequels and The Dark Knight rubbed me the wrong way, and conversely the Original Animated Videos were nothing short of hawesome, there's a good chance at least the OAV would kick butt.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:39 am

Wait.

You didn't like The Dark Knight?
-Ridley Scott
<<

msgeek

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:38 pm

deleted wrote:Wait.

You didn't like The Dark Knight?

No, I didn't. I just couldn't get around the political statement made by the movie. And I really don't like this current imagining of Batman. I prefer Tim Burton's vision, although actually my favorite Batman is Bruce Timm and Paul Dini's animated Batman. However, Heath Ledger was pretty awesome as the Joker. I have to ask the same question the Joker asked about the current take: "Why so serious?" It is Batman, after all. I had ZERO fun with The Dark Knight, nor with Batman Begins. At least Tim Burton had fun with Batman.
Yes, I really live in Los Angeles. Srsly. And yeah, life really does imitate art here. Especially now we've got those video billboards. No spinners yet. But I suppose that's next.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:28 pm

I've heard different interpretations of political messages in the movie. My interpretation has always been that Heath Ledger frikkin' rocked as the Joker.

That being said, Blade Runner would be really different if the Joker was a replicant in it.

Oh hell, what if Roy Batty was the Joker?
-Ridley Scott
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:59 pm

deleted wrote:I've heard different interpretations of political messages in the movie.

Me too. Definately open to one's own interpretation. I'm SOooo glad I saw it on IMAX before I heard about all the political crap. I had fun and just let the movie wash over me.
That being said... I still love the `89 version. (I have the "Two-Disc Special Edition" dvd w/ 5.1 DTS). Nicholson's Joker was every bit as good as Ledger's back in the day, just in a different way.

@ msgeek - Hey, I know ONE thing you like about Batman Begins :arrow: RUTGER HAUER :wink:
ImageImageImage
Previous

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel