FAQ  •  Login

Improbable future: Why it will be a SEqual

<<

Ambiguous

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Improbable future: Why it will be a SEqual

Won't modern audiences laugh if they go see a new film that is set less than ten years into the future, but includes replicants, the colonizing of other planets, and flying cars?

I think the only way general audiences will accept another Blade Runner film is if it takes place much later in the future. Maybe 2049.

When the film was originally released, it was set 37 years into the future. Maybe they could do the same thing again.

If they insist on making another Blade Runner film, my vote is for a sequel set sometime after 2049, and features ALL new characters. As a fan, separating it from the original by many years would make me more comfortable. What do you think?
<<

BR1661

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Improbable future: Why it will be a SEqual

Ambiguous wrote:Won't modern audiences laugh if they go see a new film that is set less than ten years into the future, but includes replicants, the colonizing of other planets, and flying cars?

I think the only way general audiences will accept another Blade Runner film is if it takes place much later in the future. Maybe 2049.

When the film was originally released, it was set 37 years into the future. Maybe they could do the same thing again.

If they insist on making another Blade Runner film, my vote is for a sequel set sometime after 2049, and features ALL new characters. As a fan, separating it from the original by many years would make me more comfortable. What do you think?

Simple solution... don't mention the date!

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel