FAQ  •  Login

Own unofficial version of DADOES? - How to act Baty?

<<

tyrellsowl

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:36 pm

Own unofficial version of DADOES? - How to act Baty?

Hi, Matt here.

It's been a long time since I've posted and I just firstly wanna say you guys are doing a great job. I mean, in all honesty, after BRMovie closed down I thought this site would follow, but no. BRMovie is up and running again and you're still in flight. (Like a spinner 8) )

Now to my point. I've undertaken a few amatuer films in my time (man do I sound old and patronising :lol: ) but this is the biggy:

I'm adapting Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep? and Blade Runner into one film, with elements from each and my own ideas into a short called: "Do Androids Dream Of Unicorns?"

Now I'm in pre-production, with the script almost done and the cast assembled. Filming is going to start later on in December.

Now with the Tyrell/Rosen kill scene - the death is mostly off-screen, meaning the camera's going to be on me - playing Roy, as I attempt those immense facial expressions he acts out.

How do I explain - I want it to look like it's hurting me too, if that makes sense? I don't want it to be a complete re-enactment of Hauer's kill - that's impossible :wink:

But any advice from actors/film analysists is a great help.

Many thanks, Matt

X
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:06 pm

As you are expressing your rage through physical force on Tyrell, also try to imagine you have a mouthful of raw onions. The fumes from the onion overwhelm your senses. Thus resulting in the reaction I think you are looking for. :)
<<

tyrellsowl

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:40 pm

Thanks

Kipple wrote:As you are expressing your rage through physical force on Tyrell, also try to imagine you have a mouthful of raw onions. The fumes from the onion overwhelm your senses. Thus resulting in the reaction I think you are looking for. :)

Thanks! That's a very different and useful response.

If anyone else has any questions or comments about the film, or any scenes, feel free. :wink:

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel