FAQ  •  Login

my own version of "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

<<

omnicd

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:52 pm

my own version of "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

we've been working on and off for two years on a project inspired by Philip K. Dick's novel. It is not per se, a remake or a sequel to Ridley Scott's Blade Runner, but more something "in the mood of" Blade Runner...
First 2 scenes have been uploaded on youtube two years ago, and we've just revealed scene 3 yesterday. So far, more than 10,000 people have watched our videos... you just have to click on the following link to reach our youtube channel, so enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/omnicd

please check it out, rate it and leave your comments, suggestions, advice, criticism...

thank you

Antoine & Ramine
<<

omnicd

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed May 12, 2010 3:57 pm

Re: my own version of "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep is a loose adaptation of Philip K. Dick's novel which was already made into a movie: 1982 Ridley Scott's Blade Runner. Blade Runner was recently voted "best science fiction movie of all time"
We started that project back in 2007, when we shot the first scenes in Paris La Defense. 2 years later, having already made two short-movies, we decided to go on with that film and reshot entirely the first 2 scenes to give them a better look and a grander scale.

Scene 1 was shot on location in Bangkok in October 2009 but also features images of Singapore and Dubai airports as well as various locations in Chambon-la-Forêt and Rigarda (France). This was probably the most challenging scene i have ever shot due to the intense crowd in Bangkok and various logistics problems I had to deal with in order to give the scene a particular and futuristic mood. Music is by Vangelis.

Scene 2 was entirely shot in one evening in the thirteenth district of Paris, in early July of 2009. Music is by japanese composer Kentarō Haneda.
Editing took place between Bangkok and Pithiviers, whenever I had time and energy. Further development on that project is already scheduled.
You can check it out right now by clicking on the following link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rlq53bMBNos

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel