FAQ  •  Login

Why not make our own?

<<

Kaneda

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:16 pm

Why not make our own?

I think BladeZone should make a collaborative effort to create their own vision of a Blade Runner sequel. We could all give some sort of input of help. We could do a script, a radio drama, a comic, anything! If you want a good example of a collaborative effort, check out theforce.net's Virtual sequels. It was done very well.

I don't know. Maybe we don't have the motivation to try something that ambitious. But to me it would seem relatively easy, as we share a lot of the same ideas of what would make good material for a sequel.
"Just when my coil's reaching the green line..."
-Shotaro Kaneda

"Implants! Those aren't your mammories. They're somebody else's. They're Tyrell's niece's."
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:24 pm

I like the idea. http://www.theforce.net/virtualsequels/ They incorporate illustrations as well.

Someone in these forums did attempt a collaborative story. http://bladezone.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.p ... own+sequel

There was a lack of interest. If there are folks out there interested in doing this...or picking-up where we left off, let me know. I'll host it at KippleZone.

Cheers.
<<

THX1138

Post Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:22 pm

I've actually had an idea to try and contact David Peoples about getting the rights to do a version of his movie based on one of his earlier drafts of the script. The drafts before it changed so much.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Masao

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:43 pm

This might be the right idea for a concurrent story. A 'sidequel' would work if you could scale it back slightly.

Clever writing would be key since budget would be nonexistant.

This idea kind of reminds me of a few stories I have about a detective agency in the future led by a detective with an interesting handicap.

It might be made to fit in a BR universe. In that case; one of the main problems would be casting.
<<

Masao

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:15 pm

The one thing that no one seems to have considered is that everyone here can afford a script.

A 100 page script for a $500 million blockbuster costs the same as a 100 page script for a B movie to produce.

We could even go one step further and create a storyboard...if there is any talent available.

Those are realistically within our reach.

A little further stretch is an Animatic -a crude CGI adaptation of a storyboard.

Any thoughts on this??
<<

Masao

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:17 pm

Um, nevermind.

I missed something from 1982. I finally got it.

Now it is possible to make a sequel with a minimal budget. My script can be made with a one day shoot and a set made by replicating the photos of outtakes. It also could use a bit from the original film outtakes.

I think this explains it. Bladerunner: Epiphany

http://www.bladezone.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... sc&start=0

You might not get it right away, but think about it. It should come to you.
I doubt even RS understands what he created.

Think "Jacob's Ladder".
<<

omnicd

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:05 pm

we've been working on and off for two years on a project inspired by Philip K. Dick's novel. It is not per se, a remake or a sequel to Ridley Scott's Blade Runner, but more something "in the mood of" Blade Runner...
First 2 scenes have been uploaded on youtube two years ago, and we've just revealed scene 3 yesterday. So far, more than 10,000 people have watched our videos... you just have to click on the following link to reach our youtube channel, so enjoy !

http://www.youtube.com/omnicd

please check it out, rate it and leave your comments, suggestions, advice, criticism...

thank you

Antoine & Ramine
<<

THX1138

Post Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:32 am

Duncan Jones is already doing something in the vein of Blade Runner (sounds like it's going to be set in the same world.)

No sequel will ever be as good as the first. But if any fans were to attempt it, I say go for it.

Who would direct/produce it? The fans, of course. But if there were one fan I would contact for the project, it would have to be the one and only Charles de Lauzirika. After seeing all of his DVDs end up on my favorites list, and seeing the work he put into the Blade Runner Special Edition set, I think he's ready for such weight on his shoulders.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel