FAQ  •  Login

Maybe it's time for a remake

<<

THX1138

Post Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:41 pm

Masao wrote:The other option of course is to stay true to PKD while creating a sequel. Too much of PKD is lost in BR as it is, but it is still underlying the premise of the story.

I would fill the gaps of BR in the sequel with DADoES like the game did. This could make it really paranoid and inenigmatic.

All questions would be answered in the third and final story.

I have a few ideas about this subject but they need to get to someone who can actually put them to use.

Thinking up plot twists is a hobby of mine. :twisted:

I'd suggest talking to zoomer_one. He seems to be the writer of BladeZone and I'm sure he'll take your ideas in the direction they need to go. He'd be the best choice for this.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Masao

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:23 pm

Maybe it's time that some of my ideas on this see the light of day.
<<

kix

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon May 22, 2006 2:08 pm

yeh ... david duchovny as deckard!
<<

THX1138

Post Mon May 22, 2006 6:39 pm

My views on remakes have swung back and fourth. But after seeing the new King Kong (which wasn't too great) and the new War of the Worlds (which also wasn't too great) I think my standpoint is final. It is NEVER time for a remake. No matter how old the story is, no matter how old the video is, as long as it exists, it should not be redone. How can you improve upon perfection such as this?
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

The Abyss Gazes Also

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Tue May 23, 2006 12:24 pm

THX1138 wrote:after seeing the new King Kong (which wasn't too great) and the new War of the Worlds (which also wasn't too great) I think my standpoint is final. It is NEVER time for a remake. No matter how old the story is, no matter how old the video is, as long as it exists, it should not be redone. How can you improve upon perfection such as this?

I agree with THX on this, though I don't go so far as to say Blade Runner is perfection (unless you buy into that "perfect in its imperfection" argument).

A remake of Blade Runner, even one that surpasses the quality of recent Hollywood "revisioning", would simply be retreading old ground. I do think there's plenty more to explore in the world created in Blade Runner, but Deckard's story doesn't need to be retold.

While a faithful adaptation of Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep holds some interest for me personally, I just don't know if the adaptation of the story could "escape" from the long shadow Blade Runner casts.

Maybe if they rename the DADOES characters...but then that wouldn't be a "faithful adaptation", would it...?
"It would only take a nudge to make you like me; to push you out of the light."

The Abyss Gazes Also
Previous

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel