FAQ  •  Login

How would you want it done?

<<

Kaneda

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:24 pm

How would you want it done?

This is just to see people's opinion on what the BR sequel should be like.

My opinions:
Leave Deckard alone. For one, Ford is too old to reprise, for another, he hates BR. Plus by continuing his story, you would have to answer the question of is he/ isn't he a replicant. That should remain ambiguous, if only to prevent one of the parties from throwing a temper tantrum.

Don't re-tread the original story. An interesting twist would be to have a replicant as the protagonist and maybe some sort of political subplot about rep legality on earth.

BRING BACK SCOTT AND VANGELIS.

I'd kind of like a scene that shows some sort of factory or dump for replicants where they're made/discarded. Maybe even show us some earlier Nexus models.

Technology should be more advanced than the original, but still retain the same feel, much like Aliens did with its predecessor. It still needs to look BR.

Little to no CGI would also be nice. Part of BR's charm is the fact that it looks so good after over two decades.

Your thoughts are appreciated!
"Just when my coil's reaching the green line..."
-Shotaro Kaneda

"Implants! Those aren't your mammories. They're somebody else's. They're Tyrell's niece's."
<<

Kaneda

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:02 pm

Crap. Lock this. I thought I couldn't find any threads related to this subject, but I guess I was wrong. Sorry!
"Just when my coil's reaching the green line..."
-Shotaro Kaneda

"Implants! Those aren't your mammories. They're somebody else's. They're Tyrell's niece's."

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel