FAQ  •  Login

The Blade Runner Prequel/Sequel Debate

Should there be a prequel/sequel to Blade Runner?

yes
49%
no
51%

Total votes : 39
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:21 pm

protectadeck wrote:have you heard of a series of shows coming out for tv that take place in the br universe,no deckard or rach, but stuff put together derived from do androids dream of electric sheep book,is this true and when? :?:

Web-series.

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/Of ... essage/188

"Ag8 and RSA Films hope to get the first episode of “Purefold” online later this summer. If the web series is successful, the series may expand into television."

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/06/04/bl ... treatment/
<<

dadadacicici

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:56 am

Re: The Blade Runner Prequel/Sequel Debate

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/03032011/5/b ... way-0.html

It seems a sequel might be on the way... let's hope they will make it all right! :)
<<

BR796164

Post Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:18 am

I've heard the big news just today... (been outta touch with BR universe recently)

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 31802.html

I really don't know if I like this.
<<

Noneoftheabove

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:57 am

Blade Runner was a happy accident on so many levels; Mostly because it was created with mainstream success in mind, and ended as a big budget art film.
Would present movie financiers attempt an expensive film in this category that flopped the first time? Doubt it.

I'm arguing against a sequel because there are new stories worth telling that might be better than Blade Runner.
<<

Ambiguous

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:29 pm

It's hard to imagine a prequel that wouldn't result in most fans choosing to pretend it never happened, because it messes with how they percieve the BR story.

A sequel could be non-blasphemous if it had nothing to do with any of the characters in BR. But I feel like they would have to be so careful that the result would be uninteresting or totally pointless.

No sequels, prequels, or spin-offs please. I don't see the need.
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:04 pm

Re:

Recal-citrant wrote:Interesting one...personally I would leave it at the original, but human nature being what it is and what it shouldn`t!!!
Surprisingly you could say after all this time why there hasn`t been a sequel or maybe a trilogy etc of Bladerunner. Not that I would welcome the idea, very rarely does it work.
I`m thinking of sequels like The Terminator...the first was incredible science fiction, the second some would say better or on par to the first one, it was a superb transistion for a second film based on this theme. But the third was dire...and they are making a fourth!?
I`ll make an introduction when I have some spare time, best wishes, Recal-citrant...but you may call me Recal!

:o :o :o :o :o I can remember when watching terminator on hbo and talking with a neighbor ,he would say that a new one was coming out and how the terminator's eye would light back up and he would lift that factory crusher off of him and so on. i didn't believe it but yrs past,and all the sudden they had another one.i couldn't believe it, arnie was back,shades and all except,he was the good guy, robert patrick (who?,back then) played the killer from the future. and here we are today, they should have not made more than two, that last one they did ,i think, made up for alot but still, even 1 would've been enough.
"I'm kinda nervous when I take tests" -leon
<<

OWC

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:05 am

Personally speaking, I don't give a damn what they do with a sequel/prequel as long as it gets the original back in cinemas.
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:54 pm

OWC wrote:Personally speaking, I don't give a damn what they do with a sequel/prequel as long as it gets the original back in cinemas.

Amen bro
That would be fantastic,and somewhat marvelous if they showed it every year on a day right after new yrs. how about 1 night 4 3d fans and another for good ol high definition. 20 dollars gets u in with, 2 refills on popcorn,and a 1 on drinks. :D
<<

Rainman

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:02 am

Have any of you seen this site announcing Michael Bay as the director for the BR sequel?? Some have said this is a hoax, a late April fool's joke. I really hope it is!
http://www.the-shoe-horn.com/entertainment/michael-bay-penned-to-direct-stunning-blade-runner-remake/
<<

OWC

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:58 am

Rainman wrote:Have any of you seen this site announcing Michael Bay as the director for the BR sequel?? Some have said this is a hoax, a late April fool's joke. I really hope it is!
http://www.the-shoe-horn.com/entertainment/michael-bay-penned-to-direct-stunning-blade-runner-remake/

That's about as serious a news site as The Onion or DailyMail.co.uk
<<

Rainman

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:06 am

OWC wrote:
Rainman wrote:Have any of you seen this site announcing Michael Bay as the director for the BR sequel?? Some have said this is a hoax, a late April fool's joke. I really hope it is!

Haha it's funny how a post like that can have people so frankly come out and express their disgust for Michael Bay, Nicolas Cage, etc.
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:00 am

Rainman wrote:
OWC wrote:

Haha it's funny how a post like that can have people so frankly come out and express their disgust for Michael Bay, Nicolas Cage, etc.

Yeah, it had me for a moment! #-o
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed May 04, 2011 6:16 pm

you know somthing? if they had a sequel (first it would have to be first rate) and it would be the best if they used as little of cgi as possible, I like the old way they did things concerning special effects , .of course that would be a bi*ch of money most likely. I saw moon with sam rockwell and they used models and such and it came off very realistic ,the creators spoke about how it's seams more real with solid objects instead of computer images,don't u agree?, PEOPLE SEEM TO FORGET when they see br... no cgi! like you see today in movies like tron or matrix.
To make a some kind of sequel would propably cause people to go back and watch the original,and apritiate it better.
..like tron for instance , i'm goning to watch the original again soon,I guarantee i'll like the org. the best,the org. is always the best- 9 times out of 10.
If they made a blade runner movie that stands on it's own like tron "2" did, i would probaly feel better ,instead of a simple part 2 kind of thing, Differerent ideas are discussed on this sight ,ridley ought to take a look .
<<

jimmymack8

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue May 10, 2011 4:44 am

"Amen bro
That would be fantastic,and somewhat marvelous if they showed it every year on a day right after new yrs. how about 1 night 4 3d fans and another for good ol high definition. 20 dollars gets u in with, 2 refills on popcorn,and a 1 on drinks"................................... =D> I'll drink to that scenario.....and Yes to a sequel or prequel as long as it's done with a good director....(ie..no michael bay)
Chew...if only you could see, what I've seen with your eyes!
<<

protectadeck

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:44 pm

Re: The blade Runner Prequel/Sequel Debate

alright i'm gonna just throw this one out there........

how about a blade runner movie with completely different characters, and get this...let's put vin diesal in the starring role or something and let him play the kojak of the future, that's right, the cop from the 70's , resurected in noirish get get up with the brim hat and all. i think he was born to be the new kojak. Can't you just picture him saying "who loves ya baby". the signature line that telly savalis said from time to time on the original tv show.
The director would have to be someone aquianted with a 70s lime zing and the noir scene. woe :arrow: i like the way i said that.
Who could this director be ? could ridley pull it off, could quinten t. get hugely involved and infuse his whole crime novel attitute into it , or robert rodriguz, or martin the scorcher. what do ya think about this, any light bulbs gonninng off out there, help me =D>
PreviousNext

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel