FAQ  •  Login

Bladerunner sequel ?

<<

nexuszix

Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:07 am

Bladerunner sequel ?

I want to see a sequel but i dont know who i'd have directing or staring in it ,never mind the plot...

:roll:
" wake up..time to die !"
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:54 pm

One of the reasons that I'm glad Blade Runner flopped at the box-office is that a sequel will be out of the question. I don't even understand why anyone would want one.
Leon Corporation Employee
<<

BR12819

Elite Rep Detector
Elite Rep Detector

Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:22 pm

any one whos been on this bored long enough has seen this sequel thread a thousand times so not to hijack it or anything lets take it in a new direction which is hard because we've done most of them.

lets think, we could hypothosize about what the sequel would have been about in 84 or what we the board thinks is the closest movie to date that could be considered a sequel or hell lets do both no need to waste bandwith for two reletivly related topics

1: What Do You Think a 1984 Sequel Would Be About ?
2: What Do You Think is the Closest Movie To Date That Embodies the Blade Runner Spirit?
Holden:"It's a wipe out, they're almost us!"
<<

nexuszix

Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:02 am

Leon Corporation wrote: I don't even understand why anyone would want one.

Quite simply i cant get enough Bladerunner...sure most sequels are rubbish and the chances of a bladerunner sequel even coming close to the original are very slim indeed...but it doesnt hurt to dream does it ?

Also it IS possible...

List of donts: No CGI
No Keanu reeves !

List of problems: Director to match Ridley Scott
Composer to match Vangelis
Character actors with the quality of those in BR

Pretty big problems i know...hmmm better start with a story first though..
<<

Centauro

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:32 pm

1. Director to match Ridley Scott
2. Composer to match Vangelis
3. Cast to match the Blade Runner Cast

...4. Screenplay to match the quality of BR screenplay
5. Set designs to match BR set designs.
6. 'X' to match Blade Runner's 'X'...

...I suggest you to go watch Blade Runner again, baby. [That's what I do :)
-------------------------------------------------------------- Revel In Your Time --------------------------------------------------------------

<<

THX1138

Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 8:46 pm

i definitely dont want a sequal. it seems now that almost every movie has a sequal, and its tiring. some movies deserve a sequel, some dont, and some are just fine on their own, as is the case with blade runner.

anyway, if there ever was a sequal, i'd not want it to follow the BR2 book, as it was pretty dull, and as for the director, i'd want ridley back definitely, but if not him, then maybe steven spielberg or james cameron. james cameron might even be able to pump out an awsome script for BR2 as well as directing it, he's amazing with sequals, just look at aliens and terminator 2. (its obvious terminator 3 wasnt his work in writing/directing)

james cameron!!! (if not ridley, of course)
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Deckard BR26354

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:13 pm

James Cameron, eh?

Let's see, have any historical precedents been set? Ah yes, 'Alien', an intelligent sci-fi thriller sequeled by 'Aliens', a 'balls-out', shoot-em-up, bug hunt.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love most of JC's work to-date, but I just wonder what he'd do with the Blade Runner universe - perhaps he could do a prequel about the space battles 'off the shoulder of Orion' or the Rep off-world revolt. :D
Richard Gunn

We each live in our own realities - who's maintaining yours?

The only thing that you can be 100% sure of, is that you can't be 100% sure of anything.
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:42 am

james cameron's aliens IMHO is no where near as good as alien..it is an action flick that seems very dated instead of an almost art film on paar with the exorcist that the origional alien is. As far as directors of alien sequels go i would have to vote for david fancher(alien3,fight club,se7en) as the most apt to direct a good sequel to BR.
<<

nexuszix

Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:01 am

Ach balls to another Bladerunner film then....the only future is a new computer game hopefully based on the unreal 3 engine.

http://www.unrealtechnology.com/flash/t ... ue30.shtml
<<

zoomer_one

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:52 am

How bout a spin off movie like my fan fic. (Hey! No shameless self promotions! *SLAP!*) :o
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:34 pm

ridleynoir wrote:james cameron's aliens IMHO is no where near as good as alien..it is an action flick that seems very dated instead of an almost art film on paar with the exorcist that the origional alien is.

Gee, I hope not. I bought the new Aliens DVD together with Alien. Ok, Aliens felt more like a Terminator movie but just like The Terminator I always thought it was a good ride. I haven't watched the new DVD though. Heck, I did't watch the Alien DVD either!
I'm totally not interested in Alien3, despite the fact that I like every other movie Fincher has made (Seven, Fight Club, Panic Room). The movie always felt fake (forced atmosphere) to me. Alien: Resurrection is in my most hated top 10 list. I think this has to be one of the worst movies ever made. But with most really bad movies you still have a few laughs here and there, this one annoys the crap out of me. Let's hope he'll (Jean-Pierre Jeunet) never do a BR sequel!
Last edited by Leon Corporation on Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

THX1138

Post Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:04 pm

david fincher would be good also. i would still prefer james cameron over fincher though.
"Don't be a dick!" -Wil Wheaton
<<

Leon Corporation

Rep Detector Handler
Rep Detector Handler

Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:13 am

THX1138 wrote:david fincher would be good also. i would still prefer james cameron over fincher though.

After True Lies and Titanic I'm not really sure of Cameron anymore. And since Titanic (1997!!!) Cameron seems to be only interested in deep sea affairs. No, if it ever comes to a sequel (which will never happen, of course) my bets are all on Fincher. But again, I'm just playing along here. I really don't want a sequel!
Or, what about Andrew Niccol, director/writer of Gattaca? I think I would prefer him over Cameron and Fincher, even despite his terrible S1mOne. But the guy is a pretty good writer. He also wrote The Truman Show and The Terminal. But something tells me this guy doesn't feel like writing a sequel. BTW, he and Ethan Hawke will once again be teaming up together in Lord of War (2005).
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:29 am

I realize that Cameron's Aliens is by far the popular favorite of the Alien movies. but IMHO it is pretty much just a good action flick. Alien like BR by Ridley on the other hand is a piece of art that still retained the Intelligence of science fiction before Star Wars (i.e 2001 a.s.o., planet of the apes, day the earth stood still, phase IV,rollerball etc.) Aliens on the other hand can be enjoyed easily sans brain. Cameron like Spielberg has trouble making movies that are deeper than the emotions given to you on a silver platter. Ridley's early movies had almost a "Verite'" style and like the previously mentioned Exorcist used actual emotions and reactions of the actors to make the horrors real. Alien is a far superior movie to Aliens and I am glad it is less popular..and because of that it would be a hollywood cliche' and even a crime for James Cameron to ever direct a sequel to BR.
<<

pjbirch

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:23 am

No sequel! it just wouldn't have the feel of the original.

Just give me the SE DVD and I'll be happy!
Next

Return to The Blade Runner Movie Sequel