Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

Blade Runner IV

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:53 pm

5 Disc Blu-ray covers

Hey everyone.

From what I've seen there seems to be a difference in the 5 disc Blu-ray covers.

One has a multi-coloured reflection to it and the other one does not.

Does anyone know if it was the earlier print runs and/or the the ones included in the briefcase that had the multi-coloured reflection, or is it just totally random?

Thanks.
<<

BR796164

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:13 am

You probably mean the no-briefcase 5-disc edition. It's been published as an alternative to expensive and limited briefcase edition for people who don't need fluffy toys, but want to have all 5 discs (of all the bonus things you can find in the briefcase, it has only collection of 8 concept art cards). The briefcase edition has neen made only for American market (DVDs were coded as Region 1, although strangely to my knowledge BluRays didn't have regional restriction) but you could order it from other parts of the world through Amazon and such.

Now the no-briefcase 5-disc edition came in two versions : a paper box version and a tin box version with hologram on top of the box, I presume that's what you mean by "multi-colored reflection"?

Originally I wanted a briefcase edition, but it was too late until I realized it's only on the American market and the local store where I preordered it was able to get only paper box 5-disc edition. Now I'd like to buy a briefcase edition too, unfortunately it seems it's nearly sold out and people sell it as used collectible for quite a steep price which seems to be continuously rising...
<<

Blade Runner IV

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:36 am

I have this exact same case but mine has no reflective cover...? Mine is non-briefcase.

Amazon image:

Mine:

Last edited by Blade Runner IV on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

BR796164

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:11 am

Nope, I meant the tin box DVD edition having a hologram on the cover. I don't recognize this version, that original BR artwork was originally only on 4-disc edition. But then I wasn't closely following BluRay editions, so I can't tell if yours has been in print from the beginning or is it additional print. :?
<<

Gene Ettix

Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:59 am

Mine looks like the 1st Amazon image. Has a prism-like reflection. Came in the briefcase edition.
ImageImageImage

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut