<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Blade Runner day at BFI London March 2009

I have also posted this in the news forum
Hi Guys
Just a heads up about a special day at the British Film Institute on 21st March 2009.
They will be showing "On the edge of Blade Runner" follwed by a panel discussion with Michael Deeley, Paul M Sammon and also unamed guests.

The Final Cut will be shown followed by a panel session with Rutger Hauer.

The special day came about because Blade Runner won an online public vote as the film that should be seen by future audiences. Can't wait to see it on the big screen again.

www.ridleyville.com
Last edited by ridleyville on Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
More human than human
<<

Blade Runner IV

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:01 am

I've booked the showing of the Final Cut with Rutger Hauer :)

I hope he will be signing after the 'Q&A' :D
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:51 am

OH Hell, it's sold out already. The showing of "on the edge" still has seats available
More human than human
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:46 pm

What a fantastic day out, met Michael Deeley, Paul Sammon, Rutger Hauer, Ridley Scott and saw the Final Cut in HD, what more could a fan ask.
I had pre booked for Ridley and The edge of Blade Runner but was to late for The Final Cut but stood in line for standyby tickets and got lucky.

I got my early Dangerous Days script signed by Michael and he and Paul were pleased and surprised to see such a early version, pre Brighton Productions. This is a fascinating script that did not include Gaff as a character and Rachel new she was a replicant and was offered as help for Deckard by Tyrell to help him track down the others.
Paul signed my Future Noir copy and i was really excited when he said that he had looked at my website.
It was really interesting listening to Paul and i had not realised till now how deeply he had been involved with Blade Runner.
Paul was a fantastic host and interveiwer and i really wished he had interviewed Ridley Scott because i did not feel the lady ( can't remember her name) did not really get round to Blade Runner and she was a bit too gentle. Would love to see Paul M Sammon in Conversation, that would be a winner.
I know it's cheeky but i recorded the 3 sessions and will put them up on the website asap, and i must say that Micheal Deeley had some interesting coments about Bud Yorkin. There was not then and not now good feelings between them.
More human than human
<<

ridleyville

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:01 pm

Nearly forgot to mention that some time ago Joan Fusté mentioned that he thinks when Deckard lifts the Voigt-Kampff out of the Brief case before he sits down with rachel, Deckard mimes the act, but he was not sure if that is the case. Well i can say for sure, at least with the HD print of the Final Cut shown on Blade Runner Day the VK is NOT taken from the case. Harrison pretends to lift it out and place it on the table but he is not holding or moving anything as his hands are empty. Must now check the DVD.
More human than human
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Good Stuff Ridleyville.

His hands are empty on all the DVD's that I know of, but it is so unclear in the early versions that you never notice.

Andy
<<

gold

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:20 pm

I booked the Rutger Hauer screening but I forgot to go, lol.

Anyone that was there care to sum it up?

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut