IMAX London - 12th and 14th Jan '09

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

OWC

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:40 pm

IMAX London - 12th and 14th Jan '09

To anyone in the UK who missed this: I'm really sorry I couldn't post this in time, but I had to re-register and I've only just had my account activated. I'm hoping everyone already knew, although I haven't seen any posts about it...perhaps I'm just being blind.

Blade Runner: The Final Cut (Digital Cinema Presentation)

Ridley Scott's 1982 classic defined the neo-noir genre, and this recently released Final Cut remains a visually stunning and highly influential film. Harrison Ford is exemplary as the world-weary detective searching for replicants amidst a neon-lit, rain splattered, darkly gothic Los Angeles of the future.

http://www.bfi.org.uk/whatson/blade_run ... gital_15_0

I found out about these two screenings as the BFI IMAX at London Waterloo ("Britain's Biggest Screen") the night before the first one. Having not yet seen Blade Runner in any form at a cinema before, I knew that it had to be done, whatever the cost! So, £60 lighter from the train fare (!), I set off for London after work, for what turned out to be a truly breathtaking experience. The screen really is ridiculously huge, so the picture wasn't always as crisp as it could have been, but it allowed you to see so much more detail of the sets, and armed with the knowledge gleaned from the documentaries etc, I spent most of the time looking at the scenery instead of paying attention to the story. The opening sequence over the city was sublime, and still so very real, even after learning about the model's construction, and the surround sound was something else; to actually hear vehicles approaching from behind, and overtaking, and the voices of people in the street approaching, passing, and then fading away, the clarity and quality of Vangelis' wonderful soundtrack in 3D, the rain all around you...

Apologies for the gibbering overenthusiasm, they don't let me out much. :lol:

Did anyone else make it?
Last edited by OWC on Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Kipple

Honorary Member

Post Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Wow!

Must have been quite the experience.

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut