FAQ  •  Login

Which BRFC DVD Edition will you buy?

Moderator: dmohrUSC

BR THE FINAL CUT SPECIAL EDITION (2-DISC)
2%
BR COLLECTOR'S EDITION (4-DISC)
5%
BR ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION (5-DISC)
71%
BR HD-DVD / BLU-RAY EDITION (5-DISC)
21%

Total votes : 56
<<

BR796164

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:39 am

I'm going for nothing less than the 5-Disc UCE. I bet many of you geeks too. Wow, that will be some serious Christmas self-gift for a change!

And it cost me only 51 Euro in pre-order - so the local online megastore claims. Supposedly it shall be available since December 3rd. Somehow it seems to me too cheap... But what you get it's worth every coin.

By the way, anybody has an idea how many 5-Disc UCE briefcases were manufactured? I hope the demand of all die-hard fans who want it will be satisfied.

For the few involuntarily clueless among us, different editions info :
http://media.bladezone.com/contents/film/SE/SE.php

(I shall unstick this poll when the fever temperature falls down a bit, at the end of year maybe?)
Last edited by BR796164 on Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Planta

Rep Detect Instructor
Rep Detect Instructor

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:56 am

Re: Which BRFC DVD Edition will you buy?

BR796164 wrote:(I shall unstick this poll when the fever temperature falls down a bit, at the end of year maybe?)

sure, but what year? :lol:

i'm going for two UCE sets: one to be watched, studied and consumed day by day throughout my *lifespan*, and one to be stored under lock & key, because you never know. also, i'll buy a SE set as a Christmas gift to my girlfriend. she's not a BR geek (YET!) but she somehow likes it.
<<

BR796164

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:09 pm

Somehow I think the 4-DVD Edition is a hit-and-miss sidekick and won't be as succesful as other editions. Common people will be satisfied with cheap FCSE, while real geeks won't be satisfied with anything less than the UCE. But the 4-Disc Edition may prove useful later when all UCEs will be sold out. And it may happen rather very soon at this rate of interest...

I consider getting FCSE for common use, but later, as my XMas budget has its limits.

Planta, you lucky man. Wish I had a GF who's into BR, sigh.
<<

marlec

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:51 pm

Well thankfully the USA BR version is being reported as region free :D so i am going for the briefcase version oh yes i wont accept anything less when it comes to Blade Runner, only prob now is finding somewhere that will ship it to me in the Netherlands probarly Ebay :roll:
<<

starramus

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:48 pm

I will overdose on the Brief case X 2. The regular DVD version plus the BluRay. I hope BluRay isn't a format that will end like Beta. :roll:

I could only vote for one so my vote for BluRay is the solitary vote. I hope this isn't a portent of things to come.
Last edited by starramus on Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:01 pm

5 disc HD briefcase version. Preordered it back in July.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

eccentricbeing

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:22 pm

5-disc regular DVD. Whenever I upgrade to HD and when the HD-DVD/Bluray war ends, I'll get the HD version.
<<

starramus

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:26 pm

Maybe I should get all 3 formats. :lol: I can't lose then.
<<

Merc

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:02 pm

I've got the 5 disc DVD set pre-ordered. I don't think I'll be making the jump to HD-DVD or Blueray for a while yet, so I'll pick those up when the time comes.
<<

BR796164

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:23 pm

Well, I think I just lost some illusions. Too late, but I knew something is wrong when that local megastore which I ordered UCE from doesn't show the briefcase.

It seems that the Region 2 release is not being offered in briefcase and doesn't appear to have unicorn and spinner - these are reserved purely for North America. Maybe even Ridley's letter is missing...

What a pity. The spinner replica and unicord are no biggies, but I liked the briefcase, so I feel a little down :cry:

I guess I'll get over it. The real treasure is encoded in 0s and 1s on the discs afterall.

Some of you Region-other-than-1 folks, have really preordered the *R1 briefcase UCE*, and if yes, where ?
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:59 pm

Merc wrote:I've got the 5 disc DVD set pre-ordered. I don't think I'll be making the jump to HD-DVD or Blueray for a while yet, so I'll pick those up when the time comes.

That's probably a good idea.

The main reason I have a HD player, though, is so I can watch a HD copy of Blade Runner. :D
-Ridley Scott
<<

HoldenUnplugged

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:51 am

I'm going for the briefcase version for two reasons

1. The reason I bought a dvd player back in 2000 was for the rumoured Special Edition of Blade runner-Yep I have been waiting since than:)

2. Because at the moment the same 5 disc is 150 Australian which is still way more than the US ones on Amazon.com! So I get it cheaper with Postage from another country yes I wait a while for shipping but hey I have waited a really long time.
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:16 pm

HoldenUnplugged wrote:I'm going for the briefcase version for two reasons

1. The reason I bought a dvd player back in 2000 was for the rumoured Special Edition of Blade runner-Yep I have been waiting since than:)

2. Because at the moment the same 5 disc is 150 Australian which is still way more than the US ones on Amazon.com! So I get it cheaper with Postage from another country yes I wait a while for shipping but hey I have waited a really long time.

I've seen what some Aussie sites are selling it for, how can they justify those costs?
-Ridley Scott
<<

Merc

Rep Detector
Rep Detector

Post Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:52 pm

Maybe it's a case of it just costing more in certain areas. Although it's not as drastic, I've wondered why the 5 disc sets (DVD, HD and BlueRay) cost $10-$20CDN more on Amazon.ca when $1CDN=$1.06US right now (might just be a case of prices taking a while to change to reflect currency values).
<<

BR796164

Post Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:45 am

So the Australian R4 edition comes in briefcase as well? Or did you Aussies ordered R1 Edition from North America?

Or is the R2 UCE the only edition that supposedly doesn't come in briefcase?

Or am I really the only clueless one here. :(
Next

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut