Blu-Ray wins over HD- DVD

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

gordo

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Blu-Ray wins over HD- DVD

Apparently the high-definition DVD war is all but over.

According to Reuters today (Jan 5):
Warner Brothers cast the deciding vote in favor of the Sony's Blu-ray discs over the rival format, HD DVD.
With Warner Brothers? backing, Sony?s Blu-ray high-definition format now has about 70 percent of the DVD market locked up.
?The overwhelming industry opinion is that this decides the format battle in favor of Blu-ray,? said Richard Doherty, research director at the Envisioneering Group, a market research firm in Seaford, N.Y.

Will that make Warner's BR HD-DVD versions special collector items?

gordo
<<

Vampire Knight

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:47 pm

Wow, i am somewhat a taken back by this announcement. I thought it would take at least another year to resolve this fight, yet it appears Blu-ray has struck the first blow.

And heres me, the guy that has just bought the 5 disc HD DVD set, imported from the US. lol.

Im very interested in tracking this though, so any new information is welcomed from me.
"We humans strive for perfection, yet it is imperfection that makes us who we are"

Richardson, 2007.
<<

I. J. Thompson

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:09 pm

http://thedigitalbits.com

These guys have been on it every step of the way, I've been following along with them. Great site for all things home theatre!
"Nobody respects you later, for having been a nice guy and given up." -Ridley Scott

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut