Huge thank Monsieur Lauzirika but...

Moderator: dmohrUSC

<<

teran76

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:56 pm

Huge thank Monsieur Lauzirika but...

The set that you made available for every fans is a wet dream come true and i (we) will be forever grateful for your dedication and hard work. I hope you won't see my nitpicking as disrespect of your hard work cause it's not and we have all seen what labor of love is that boxset.

The thing that is bugging me are the missing galleries.
I know that most people won't regret it cause the most important things are there. But as a storyboard artist, i've been looking all over the year for art fom the movie (Storyboards, costumes and sets designs, i was lucky to find some but most are just missing, or way over my budget). So imagine how happy i was (and i don't think i was alone) when i read the specs of the boxset and how sad to finally discover that they juste have been deleted.

When i received my boxset i was drooling over the photos and illustrations all over the packaging, what a frustration.

I've read that it's because of space reasons, so i can assume that it must have been a lot of material (more frustration lol), but there was enough space for trailers like I am Legend or Superman Doomsday.
I also read that Warner will MAYBE do something with it...

So what's going to happen?
A book is in the making?
An extra DVD available to buy online.
An huge Online gallery?
Wait until the 2019 anniversary dvd?
Just forget about it?

I probably sound like the never ever satisfied fan, but i hope that you understand my concern as a fellow fan.
Like i said i'm really thankful for your work (and not only on Blade Runner).

Big thanks again and Merry Christmas :)
Last edited by teran76 on Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:15 pm

This is my only complaint too. If these become available in book form or any other way, maybe as a part of the new Future Noir, I can tell you I would pay upward of $100 for this. Especially if we could finally see the complete story boards that I know of a source that is selling photo copies of these for $500, and not the crappy incomplete set that is on Ebay every other week for $20+. The portfolio in the Briefcase was nice, but there is so much more out there that we crave, and even as an owner of the Blue Dolphin books, I can say I crave MORE. So to the powers that be, Please put these out for us. A book in the equivilent of the "Art of Star Wars" and other "Art of.." books are what I am talking about.
<<

Charles de Lauzirika

Honorary Member

Post Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: Huge thank Monsieur De Lauzirika but...

No problem, teran...after doing this job for 9 years, I'm used to nitpicking. And before I respond, allow me to nitpick your post first.

My last name is Lauzirika, not "De Lauzirika" or "de Lauzirika." The "de" is what I call a glorified hood ornament. I've been thinking about dropping it entirely, but I'm stubborn that way. That's why I named my company Lauzirika Motion Picture Company and throw its name and logo onto the discs everywhere I can, to force the issue as much as possible until the whole world knows how to spell my name correctly! (Actually, I know it's entirely a fool's errand, but hey...)

In answer to your query, I'm a HUGE fan of image galleries and if you look at the other discs I've produced, you'll see elaborate image galleries on those, so you know this decision was not my own.

Having said that, I'm working with the good folks at Warner Home Video to find a way to release the galleries in some form. When, where or how is still undecided. But we're trying, I promise. As soon as there's news I can share, I will.
<<

wilbe

BladeZone Owner/Manager

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:29 am

Extra DVD's

I think we should all let the dust settle a bit on the Final Cut, let us all digest what is in the DVD Briefcase. I feel personally that I would like a coffee table book of Blade Runner ART. That would lend itself much better to the material that Tom Southwell, and Ridley created. Just my thoughts on the matter.
<<

Noneoftheabove

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:36 am

I agree with Wilbe, a good thick coffee table book for the Blade Runner concept art/choice screen prints is the way to go!
<<

deleted

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:26 am

Re: Extra DVD's

wilbe wrote:I think we should all let the dust settle a bit on the Final Cut, let us all digest what is in the DVD Briefcase. I feel personally that I would like a coffee table book of Blade Runner ART. That would lend itself much better to the material that Tom Southwell, and Ridley created. Just my thoughts on the matter.

That would be fantastic. I'd get that book.
[In reference to A Good Year] "So anyway, fuck 'em. It was a good film."
-Ridley Scott
<<

martinland

Senior Rep Detector
Senior Rep Detector

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:16 am

Charles de Lauzirika wrote:I'm working with the good folks at Warner Home Video to find a way to release the galleries in some form. When, where or how is still undecided. But we're trying, I promise. As soon as there's news I can share, I will.

That's great news, Charles.

Just one quick question though: I suppose the space that could be freed by omitting the unrelated trailers would not have been enough to accomodate the slide shows?

I've only 'scratched the surface' of your fabulous 5-disc set and there is already something very special to look forward to, amazing.

Will it ever end? ;-)

Have a better one,
Martin
<<

teran76

Rookie Rep Detect
Rookie Rep Detect

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:25 am

Charles de Lauzirika wrote:No problem, teran...after doing this job for 9 years, I'm used to nitpicking. And before I respond, allow me to nitpick your post first.

My last name is Lauzirika, not "De Lauzirika" or "de Lauzirika." The "de" is what I call a glorified hood ornament. I've been thinking about dropping it entirely, but I'm stubborn that way. That's why I named my company Lauzirika Motion Picture Company and throw its name and logo onto the discs everywhere I can, to force the issue as much as possible until the whole world knows how to spell my name correctly! (Actually, I know it's entirely a fool's errand, but hey...)

I'm French that why i added the "Monsieur" to De Lauzirika, it sounded good to my french ears lol.
But as today you can count on me to relay the info on the french dvd/Movies websites or forums that i participate.
I'll start with the title of this thread.
And keep the fight ;)

In answer to your query, I'm a HUGE fan of image galleries and if you look at the other discs I've produced, you'll see elaborate image galleries on those, so you know this decision was not my own.

Having said that, I'm working with the good folks at Warner Home Video to find a way to release the galleries in some form. When, where or how is still undecided. But we're trying, I promise. As soon as there's news I can share, I will.

I supposed early that it was not your call to drop the galleries, knowing the fan you are.
I think i must have every dvd you produced and it's always a real pleasure to see that you never forget that aspect of moviemaking. On a personal note, it's by having access to images galleries, discovering what is preproduction artwork that i choosed the storyboard artist profession. Later i've been lucky to meet and work with Sylvain Despretz, an artist i discovered thanks to you on the Gladiator and Black Hawk Down dvd's.

Knowing that you're still personaly involved, it gives me hope that something will happen with those galleries.
I've waited years for something like this boxset to happen, i think i can still be patient for more ;)

Thanks a lot for your hardwork and taking the time to answer me.
<<

ridleynoir

Veteran Blade Runner
Veteran Blade Runner

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:44 pm

Re: Extra DVD's

wilbe wrote:I think we should all let the dust settle a bit on the Final Cut, let us all digest what is in the DVD Briefcase. I feel personally that I would like a coffee table book of Blade Runner ART. That would lend itself much better to the material that Tom Southwell, and Ridley created. Just my thoughts on the matter.

I second this as well.

I can also say I preordered the set with the belief that an image gallery would be a part of. As a matter of fact it was the thing I was most looking forward to other than the Dangerous Days doc, and the deleted scenes. Not that I want my money back or anything, but I would gladly pay more for it, and to some degree feel a little ripped off with a bait and switch. Of course I don't blame you Charles, but I am curious as to why it was taken out after being advertized as having it in the press releases? And if there is someone personally we could complain to to rectify it, or at least push forward an addendum project?

Return to Special Edition - Final Cut